Backbone trial: init workflow

So Backbone is a sample based resynthesis plugin with a synth engine and sample manipulation at its core.

Why does it not allow me to open .wav files and add them to a new layer via a simple method?

What even is a layer file? You know on these computer thingies we have these thingies called .wav files right? Where is the import .wav to layer feature?

Why when adding a layer does a file open dialog that only lets me open layer files happen? Why does dragging a .wav file from my computer into backbone not work?

How do you use backbone from an init preset clean slate context? Init or clear all layers and then create an initialized layer and then add .wav content to it?

The UI feels both fragmented and incomplete and confusingly multi-faceted.

So Backbone is a sample based resynthesis plugin with a synth engine and sample manipulation at its core.
ANSWER: YES.

Why does it not allow me to open .wav files and add them to a new layer via a simple method?
ANSWER: Drag a wav into a layer slot and you are done. Super quick and easy.

What even is a layer file? You know on these computer thingies we have these thingies called .wav files right? Where is the import .wav to layer feature?
ANSWER: A layer is um… a layer… hence it’s called a layer. You can have up to 8-layers that makes up your sound.

Why when adding a layer does a file open dialog that only lets me open layer files happen? Why does dragging a .wav file from my computer into backbone not work?
ANSWER: Watch some YouTube tutorials - you’ll see that dragging wavs into a layer does work.

How do you use backbone from an init preset clean slate context? Init or clear all layers and then create an initialized layer and then add .wav content to it?
ANSWER: When you first open up Backbone the layers are empty… which is your INIT PRESET… waiting for you to create your sound

The UI feels both fragmented and incomplete and confusingly multi-faceted.
ANSWER: I totally disagree… for me the interface is super quick to use. The multifaceted feature set is why I bought and extensively use Backbone. If you want a sampler with less features… then find something else. Backbone does stuff no other sampler offers - and presents it in a way that means you can very quickly construct something.

It’s deeply confusing to me and I have used 100+ different sampler and drum synthesis plugins.