Baritone (Brass) Transposition?

Hello

I have a problem with the transposition of the instrument Baritone (Brass):

The key signature should be with 1 flat but Dorico writes the key signature with 1 #

Thank you for any help!

You have a treble clef Bb Baritone rather than a bass clef concert pitch one.

You need to use the Euphonium and rename it.

EDIT: To clarify, the Euph is needed if you want BC in the ā€˜partā€™ as well as the score. None of the Baritone definitions will give you a BC part.

Hello

Thank you very much for the answers! In Switzerland, however, it is customary to read baritones in treble clefā€¦ (I know, itā€™s strangeā€¦!)

My problem is that baritone sets the wrong key. It should actually have 1 b (D minor), but it shows 1 sharpā€¦

Now, if I take euphonium (C Bass Clef) and rename it, then the sound [with note-performer 3] is wrong, isnā€™t itā€¦?

Thank you very much for your support & best wishes!

1 Like

In 3.1 you may need to create a new player that does not show in the score layout, copy the music there and set the options for the part layout.
In 3.5 however, you need just a couple of clicks, thanks to the new ā€œclef and transposition overridesā€ funcionality.
clef overrides.gif

If Iā€™ve understood correctly you want bass clef in the score and treble clef (an octave higher than sounding pitch?) in the part?

This is do-able fairly easily in Dorico 3.5 with the new Clef and Transposition Override feature. In earlier versions itā€™s possible to change octave playback by altering the expression map in Halion (not NotePerformer I donā€™t think) but itā€™s tricky and I donā€™t feel I can accurately advise you on doing it this way. Hopefully someone else may contribute. If I were you Iā€™d spend the Ā£50 (EUR 60?) and upgrade. If you write a lot for brass bands you will find the clef/transposition overrides invaluable as it makes it easy to create parts in alternative transpositions.

Suggestion: upgrade to 3.5 - this function is very useful!

Option in 3.1: use Bass Clarinet - you can choose a player in c / BC and in b / TC

Thank you very much for your all your answers and hints! Iā€™ve upgraded to 3.5!

Great!!! Thanks especially for the GIF: Clef overrides!!

Best wishes!