Basic and High Contrast Themes in Windows 7

I know, I know, I should have known better, but I went for the upgrade from Elements 7 to 8.

It won’t run. Every attempt to start it triggers the following error message:
“This Steinberg product does not support ‘Basic and High Contrast Themes’ on Windows operating systems. Please use one of the ‘Aero’ themes that you can set in the Windows Control Panel.”

I have read the ‘please use aero’ thread and alleged solution. My PC is set exactly as stated in the knowledge base article, and it makes not a jot of difference.

I’m not running windows in a basic and high contrast theme, it’s running an Aero custom slideshow theme . . .

I haven’t posted this is issues, as I read the preamble about issues only being for something Cubase is doing it shouldn’t be doing. As it’s doing nothing that doesn’t apply.

I’ve got it working. well running anyway.

What I did was delete my customised Aero theme and run one of the Windows default ones, which I then re-customised back to the way the just deleted one looked.

[Mod edit: Please stay on topic. Create a new thread for stuff that is different, you will have a better chance of receiving an answer.]

I’ve changed to an Aero theme but I’m still getting the same error message. I’m feeling a bit ripped off. Someone please help us! :confused:

Good news!!! I was able to get it to work by disabling my LogMeIn Mirror Driver in the Device Manager. This is not ideal but it works. Apparently the Aero theme can not do Transparency when this item in the Display Adapters is enabled.

It was worth going through the hassle of getting it to go - I am very very impressed with this as an entry level DAW. Still getting to grips with some of the new stuff, and sorry to see that despite all the excellent new features that render to audio seems to be absent (I hope it’s not).

All in all a major and frankly game changing upgrade. :smiley:

After fresh install of Win 7 I run into this problem too. It seems like you need to install\update your video drivers.

Yes I had this problem too! - Never had a problem like this with other Cubase versions - And you can’t choose your own desk top or Cubase 8.5 won’t load! - Maybe this got fixed? - no?

Newbie question here (just joined today with Cubase 9.5)

In the Yamaha Synth forum, I am in the snorklers group, not the deep scuba divers.

DeMarcos65 (or anyone). How did you manage “disabling my LogMeIn Mirror Driver in the Device Manager”.

How is this going to affect other functions on the laptop as it is not dedicated to Cubase alone.

Thank you all…