Basic Audio CD creation gone?

No it isn’t. I used to be able to create a CD from any audio file now I can’t drag an audio file tab into the CD window. However, I can drag a montage tab into the CD window. Why montages but not audio files?

My point is really quite simple. It should be possible to perform a fundamental task such as this multiple ways. Different people have different workflows and a high-end professional piece of software should be able to accomodate these different workflows.

Wavelab seems to work on the principle that you do it my way or not at all and, if my way changes, then you have to learn a new way because you won’t be able to do it the old way.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Wavelab and have been using it since version 1.5, but sometimes it can be frustrating. For example, the master section plugin window puts each plugin in a tab and can only display one plugin interface at a time. There is an option to have each plugin appear in a separate window but, to switch to that option, you have to remove all of the Master Section plugins first and then reinsert them. Why? Just about every other tab in Wavelab can be dragged and detached from its window so why not the plugin interfaces?

I love Wavelab I just wish it were more flexible and consistent in its workflows.

1 Like

It was the first thing I tried to do pretty much with WL10.
Everyone of my CD’s was ripped in Wavelab but now I have to use iTunes as it is easier…
I still use Wavelab like I did in 1997. The montage has never really been my thing. I use Wavelab as a stereo editor and recorder and CD ripping…
Actually it was seeing Wavelab in 1997 that got me back into technology and it is still my favourite program. I could never understand people who used Soundforge as WL was so much faster. Said the same thing to the BBC boys who stuck with Cool Edit (then Audition).