Basic driver for UR22c and Cubasis 3

A very basic question; I have purchased a UR22C and want to run it with Cubasis 3 on my iPad Pro 11. Just launching Cubasis 3 it obviously recognices the UR22c and it works, but with some problems. Now I want to know: should I have downloaded some more drives/apps from Steinberg in order to tune the iPad up with the UR22c? In that case what is the driver/app called and shere can I find it?

Kindly
Runhammar

Hi @Per_Runhammar,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Please refer to the UR22C PDF help to learn how to connect your audio device to an iOS device: https://download.steinberg.net/downloads_hardware/UR-C/Manuals/UR22C_Operation_Manual_English.pdf

In addition, please check out our “Getting started with Cubasis” tutorial, to learn how to use an UR22 interface with Cubasis to create audio recordings:

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi again
unfortunately. This does not answer my question: Am I ok with just the UR22c and Cubasis 3, or should I have downloaded any other app as a driver for the interface to use in conjunction with Cubasis 3.

Per

Hi @Per_Runhammar,

Thanks for your message.

The UR22C audio interface includes class compliant support, allowing the device to be used with iOS devices via simple plug and play. On iOS there are no such things like drivers etc.

However you can choose to install and use the dspMixFx app (available for desktop and mobile) which enables you to use additional dsp effects.

I suggest to check the manual which came with your interface to learn how to connect and use the interface with your given setup.

In regards to iOS And Cubasis: Please refer to the information in my previous post, to learn more.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars and thank you for your answer.
I then gather: I do not need, or have nothing to gain (other than additional dsp effects, which I will look into) from downloading a generic Steinberg app while using Cubasis 3 with my iPad and I will seek to solve my issues within Cubasis. The issues are latency and freeze up when I change from one project to another, but I will fiddle more and read through other threads before posting one myself.
Kindly
Per Runhammar

Hi @Per_Runhammar,

Thanks for your message.

Regarding your issues, please try the following steps:

(1) Please go to “Setup/Audio”, choose 5 ms for “Latency”, enable “Multicore” and set “Guard Buffer” to "Default.
(2) Load the “New Project” project template.
(3) Close all running apps, including Cubasis
(4) Fully shut down the iPad

Please let me know if Cubasis works as expected, once relaunching the iPad and the app.

In addition, please note that we are in preparation of Cubasis 3.4.1 which aims to resolve several user-reported problems.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars