Basic Suggested Settings in Cubasis 3

As a newbie in this area, is there a recommended settings page that I can access
as to where everything should be set to in basic recording? My only recording input is a dynamic mic to record Real Book tunes with my sax to imported backing tracks.

Hi @rlively,

Thanks for your message.

I’d suggest to check out our Getting started with Cubasis tutorial, to quickly dive into learning the main workflow concepts how to use Cubasis.

In regards to audio recordings, you’d might give the following chapters of the clip a closer look, where Dom explains the detailed routings and audio device settings:

Adding audio tracks
Recording electric guitar
Recording vocals

Normally, Cubasis should work fine when creating regular projects. If you encounter issues, I’d suggest to check out our dedicated Cubasis 3 Performance and Multicore-rendering & Latency Settings articles. If things work as expected from scratch, there is no need to change anything.

Hope that helps!

Enjoy making music
& stay healthy,
Lars

Thank you so much, Lars, for your input! I will continue to watch the videos!

Ron

1 Like

Hi Lars,
Would you be willing to accept a sample blues recording I recently made and tell me what you think. They are simply Real Book backing tracks downloaded into Cubasis and I simply record a solo alto sax line in tract 2. Really a simple project but I’m sure there are things I could be doing with effects that I’m not doing. I did add minimal reverb to both tracks. If you are are willing, I would deeply appreciate your comments and you would need to tell me where to send this so as not to violate forum rules. I understand if this is not normal protocol that you support.

Respectfully,

Ron

Hi @rlively,

Thank you so much, Lars, for your input! I will continue to watch the videos!

Thanks for the nice words! You’re absolutely welcome, and we hope the clips are helpful to have you up and running with Cubasis in near to no time… :slight_smile:

Would you be willing to accept a sample blues recording I recently made and tell me what you think.

Sure, please feel free to upload and share your project (via Dropbox or similar).
Once done, please check for yourself if you want to share the file with other users here, in gaining further feedback.

Important: Before uploading these files, please make sure not to violent copyrights of third parties.

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars

Will do Lars! Thanks again.

Please feel free to comment on this blues sax recording I made in Cubasis. Simply an imported audio track with a little reverb and a 2nd track recording the alto sax blues solo.
Would love recommendations on how to improve it or leave it alone. I’m not the expert here and am open to suggestions.

Hi @rlively,

Sounds good to me so far (but checking it only through the MacBook Pro speakers).
In this regard, if you’re interested please check out our Master Strip tutorial, where Dom shares some mastering tips.

Best,
Lars

Thanks exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks again.

Hi @rlively,

Thanks exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks again.

Thanks for your feedback, glad to read this!

Enjoy making music
& stay well,
Lars