The manual doesn’t really offer a procedure for the bass manager. How do you properly set it up?
The plug-in guide just says: “you can use Bass Manager in the Control Room inserts”
Which inserts exactly?
This is what I´ve done:
- VST Connections - outputs: add 5.1 bus. Connect the 5.1 monitors accordingly, including plugging the subwoofer to the LFE channel
- VST Connections - Studio: activate ctrl room, add monitor channel in 5.1 format, and select the ports according to the way the monitors were connected in step 1
- Control room mixer - setup tab - main section - insert slot 1: select “Bass Manager”
- Work the mix, using VST multipanner’s LFE knob to send signal from some channels to the LFE output
- In bass manager, activate “mains” and setup frequency cut and gain. In the Subwoofer section, modify the lo and hi pass filters to enhance the subwoofer output.
Is this the correct procedure?
Did I insert Bass Manager in the right section of the control room mixer?
BTW what do you use the LFE section for? I don’t quite understand why would one bleed some of the LFE signal into the mains or center speakers? What practical situation would call for this?