Batch rename multiple markers

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any known way to replace a certain selection in multiple markers, without renaming them all to the same name. For instance; I’ve got the following cycle markers:

PROJECT NAME - TEXT A - FREE TEXT A
PROJECT NAME - TEXT A - FREE TEXT B
PROJECT NAME - TEXT A - FREE TEXT C

If I duplicate those, I would like to replace only the section TEXT A to TEXT B.
When I try this, all 3 markers will be renamed:

PROJECT NAME - TEXT B - FREE TEXT A

instead of:

PROJECT NAME - TEXT B - FREE TEXT A
PROJECT NAME - TEXT A - FREE TEXT B
PROJECT NAME - TEXT A - FREE TEXT C

How to solve this issue? Is there an known way to batch rename a certain part of the marker?

Thank you in advance for the effort.

• Marnix

Yes. Project Logical Editor. I think there are factory presets that do this. If not it’s easy enough to create your own.

1 Like

Hello Steve,

I already tried the factory presets but those didn’t bring me the solution.
I’ve added an screenshot of the situation. In this instance I only want to change the DJ name for the first 6 tracks. Keeping the ‘RADIO STATION’ & ‘ID 01 BPM_KEY xxx’ intact.

Spend some time in the logical editor, but can’t get my head around it… Any suggestions?

If you tell me what preset you specifically tried, I might have something helpful to add. (or someone else might)

Unfortunately today I don’t have time to make a tutorial.

Well that’s the trick, the presets seems to be focussed at track and clip names instead of marker/cycle marker names… I’ve found a way to completely rename selected markers, but not how to replace certain words only.

It’s the Project Logical Editor

In the top pane set the Media Type to Marker, and look for the Name drop down menu in the lower pane (Action Target).

Then explore.

Merci,

didn’t know the second parameter was available with that selection. thanks :slight_smile:

graag gedaan