Batch Renamer and Metadata for the Audio Pool

It’s needed ASAP, a Batch Renamer feature in the Audio Pool, and a Metadata option as well. It’s a problem to have to rename every single audio file in the audio pool, once you have your project/song ready… Sure…you can do it externally (with other softwares) but - as you know - facing issues later on Cubase. And it’s a complete mess, when you have to rename / add details related to the project/song in thousand audio files, and put them back in the Arrange, one by one with the new name. That’s not practical…

I won’t name other DAWs, but is a fact that many have that option, including Nuendo 8 if I’m not wrong… (AutoRenamer is called?)… or even Nuendo 7 has “Extended Edit” and it’s called “Rename Objects”, as I read in the forum… Alternatively, the ability in the Project Logical Editor, to change (in the audio files), their names, specific words, incremental numbering, incremental notation from a root note, for example to map samples, would be incredibly useful and a superb feature. Now seems to work fine only on events, tracks, descriptions… but it doesn’t control the Pool…

Such a useful option, can’t be overlooked on a DAW, like Cubase 9 Pro. :wink:

1 Like