Before Cubase 7 can we have a working 6?

Cubase works perfectly for thousands of users, so there is nothing wrong with Cubase, it IS your system that is the problem.

If you post what your issues are and what hardware you are using, you may even be able to resolve all issues now.

Funnily enough the people with the most “problems” never give this info out. Dunno could be an official secret where they come from. :laughing: My view is, “no specs, no problem, can’t be Cubase, must be user system and they’re hiding something”.
Ah! Tech dance does seem to have a dual boot Win 7 and VISTA. Why Vista at all? In my opinion that’s where his trouble lies. Cra p system configuration.

No system specs. No-one will believe you. You’re probably still using Millenium on a Pentium 3 ?

Alex, puh-lease -

You are implying that v6 doesn’t work. It does. Do I need to say more?

Yes, - this I agree with; it is a known issue that many people experience. It’s not just you.

But to say that v6 doesn’t work on a basic level, is just plain silly.

Cheers.

I use C6 for my work everyday, and I just don’t see how anyone can call it a non-functional piece of software. C6 on W7 x64 has been the best experience I’ve ever had using a native DAW. YMMV, I guess. :open_mouth:

Aw, cmon man. You absolutely can’t be using Cubase the right way. :mrgreen:

Read my entire post and you’ll see that I already tried to resolve my issues by going through the proper Steinberg support channels. My current opinions are informed by previous experience with Steinberg support. The Steinberg of today is a shadow of its former self and simply doesn’t attain the standards of service which I have grown accustomed to. Maybe it has to do with their current owners; I don’t know. Don’t care. I’ll make it work for now and move on when the time comes. I am simply adding my voice to the voice of the OP. YMMV.

FYI conman is on my ignore list so if he has responded to anything I’ve posted please note that my failure to reply to him is because he has demonstrated to me an antagonistic, “lurking under a bridge”, attitude that I don’t find constructive in anyway. YMMV. :slight_smile:

I don’t directly respond to anything anyone posts as there are many here waiting to ambush anyone who points them in the “right” direction.
And you will have to complain about the ignore filter as it obviously isn’t working if you’ve SEEN any of my posts. :laughing:

All non-constructive posts I’ve seen here just want to propagate the problem and not the solution. I don’t see that pointing out the OBVIOUS solution as unconstructive.
If Cubase insists on not working on any system for a long time have a hands on computer EXPERT look at your system and don’t try the fools game of trying to fix it via a forum. Then get HIM to contact support on your behalf.
I’m unfortunately not allowed to say that support teams think before ignoring a support request which is less than coherently written and gives no detail other than “Cubase isn’t working.” which is basically all that’s been said all through this thread.
And, as andyjh points out ALL those with the problem seem strangely reluctant to impart details of their systems as though it’s a state secret.
My attitude is, if you’re not professional enough to provide basic information you’re not going to get anything fixed in a hurry. My gut feeling is “No system details. Not a real problem.” Especially when it’s a serious as the posters involved make out.

I had a similar problem with Cubase 6.5 crashing on exit and not restarting when I built my last machine. It worked flawlessly on he previous machine but the fault was all mine. Turned out I was plugging in my dongle to a usb 3.0 port on my new machines and eLicenser hated that. put it in an old 2.0 and again ran flawlessly and continues to to this day.

Point a finger and there are 3 pointing back at you. You gotta do your due diligence. Cubase isn’t perfect but considering all the variables users throw at it its amazing it runs so well.