Behringer X-Touch Buttons playing Instruments

Im using this to control Cubase and Groove Agent 4. I like the fact that you can select the track with Groove Agent 4 or SE and press the instrument button and page through to automation and set up the V-Pots to control the functions of individual instruments like Tuning, Room, Overhead on toms & snares or attack on Bow, Bell and Edge of cymbals. Much less hassle that faffing about with a mouse in one hand and a drumstick in the other.

Everything works fine as long as you take the time to read the Remote Control Devices for Mackie MCU Pro and use a template

https://forum.music-group.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2509&d=1500303910

The only issue I have with is is that when buttons are pressed on the X-Touch it sounds an instrument in groove agent, e.g. a cymbal or a drum. Does anyone know how to silence it. All I want is the functionality of the buttons not to play instruments.

cheers

1 Like

Midi setup : remove your XTouch from All Midi Input

cheers for that. Silence at last :slight_smile:

Yeah, on Mackie Control Pro also, disable the midi inputs.

I know that this is an older post but I am interested in purchasing an X Touch. Can you in fact use it to learn midi CC or control any VST instrument parameters with the faders or knobs besides using it as a mixer?

I wish I knew too. On the internet there are those who say that it is possible, but I have not understood how to do it. We await a response from the most experienced

I finally found the solution! For those interested: to activate the controls of the Virtual Instrument press the “save” button. The “save” button on the X-Touch, for Cubase, corresponds to “instrument”
Maybe I was the only one who didn’t know