Behringer X Touch One function buttons in Cubase 11

Has anyone worked out how to assign a function button on the X Touch One to open the mix console in Cubase? Please respond if you have! Merry Christmas.

Try to assign the function buttons and then restart Cubase.

Hi,

The assignment is done on Cubase side in the Studio > Studio Setup > Mackie Control. Isn’t it? At least, this is how does it work with the real Mackie Control device.

Studio > Studio Setup > Create Generic Remote
Assign MIDI input to X-Touch
“Learn” your button in the top half.
Ensure Flag has “Receive” selected (selecting Transmit as well may or may not enable LED feedback to X Touch so when that Mixconsole is open, the LED will be on and off when that Mixconsole is closed - whether or not this occurs depends on how this command is programmed. it doesn’t appear to be consistent)
In bottom half, assign that button to:
Device (command) > Devices > Mixer or Mixer 2 or Mixer 3

You have a choice of 3 different Mixconsole configurations.

Oh, Yes my reply was assuming this was already done.
In my setup the changes first take effect after I restart Cubase.

Really appreciate your help - however I’m not following - so you need both Remote devices enabled? I already had Mackie Control - this is in the very slim instructions. So the controller works. But in the Mackie section, the buttons F1, F2 etc don’t appear to be able to open the Mix console. I can’t see it in the Category section. So I have now added the Generic Remote - but I am not sure how to add those F buttons via this. So you are using an F button to open the Mix Console, using Mackie, Generic or both?

Hi,

Could you please attach a screenshot of your Mackie device in Cubase?

sorry, you don’t have to setup a second generic remote (although it will still “learn” the mackie buttons the same way you assign any midi input).

looking at the Mackie Control remote device setup now, so for the button you want to assign to open the mix console, select “devices” in category, then in “comman” you’ll select one of “mixer”, “mixer 2” or “mixer 3”. They correspond to “mixconsole”, “mixconsole 2” and “mixconsole 3”, respectively.

does that work for you?

1 Like

Hi,

See attached screenshot, please. This is, how to assign the “Open/Close MixConsole window” to F1 function in the Mackie Control Setup in Cubase.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay - I actually been unwell! Oh dear it’s a New Year but not as yet, so thrilling. Thanks very much to you both. I don’t know why I didn’t see “Devices” - I thought I crawled through that menu. Excellent. Now, if only Behringer had put the transport buttons UNDER the Shuttle! Take care.

1 Like

Hi,

This is old Cubase terminology. We call it Studio, now, but in the past it was Devices. Actually, it’s a bug in Cubase (when I see it now), it should be named Studio.