Behringer X-Touch One Remote

Thanks for sharing the text in Russian.
The script is showing all time formats on the displays now running Cubase in English, German or Russian.

Keep in mind that this script is running the X Touch One in MCU default mode.

Cheers

Maik

Behringer_XTouchOne.midiremote (7.6 KB)

Hi Maik, thanks a lot for the script. I downloaded and installed it, it is working fine. But the Channel LED meter is not working. Have I done anything wrong? I am running X-Touch One in MCU mode.
And another questions,
How the ‘Master’ and ‘Channel (right)’ buttons are functioning?
‘Select’ and 'Channel (left) both are assigned to ‘Disable/Enable track’, are they some how linked?
Sorry for those stupid question.
Regards,
Kaushik

Hi Kaushik,

You did nothing wrong. I have not implemented the volume meter yet because I do not need it.

The channel buttons changing their functionality and I have currently no idea how to fix it.

I am currently busy. Will check it next week.

Cheers

Maik

Okay Maik, take your time. Looking forward for a infallible script from you. it would really a great help to us who have no idea about java scripting.

Regards,
Kaushik

Do these scripts fix the fader not being calibrated to zero in Cubase? We certainly appreciate your efforts on this device. Looking forward to trying it on the weekend.

Hey all. I know I’m late to the party, but I’ve had a fair bit of luck adapting bjoluc’s X-Touch script, just by altering the MIDI Device driver so that it works with the XT1. I’ve got nearly all the functionality I want on there, with a few minor issues (and the midi remote display in Cubase is obviously wrong as it shows an X-touch layout instead of an XT1). I’m hoping to find the time to update it so that it will ‘just work’ with an XT1, and indeed make some changes to that it will reflect the XT1 layout on-screen and fix a couple of minor niggles with it.

Thread is here - X-Touch (+Extender) MIDI Remote Script (MCU mode)

You can just download the current release and alter line 4083 of the .js file to read:

driver2.makeDetectionUnit().detectPortPair(this.mainPorts.input, this.mainPorts.output).expectInputNameEquals("X-Touch One").expectOutputNameEquals("X-Touch One");

… and then you should be good to go. It’s made the XT1 the thing I wanted it to be (but never was in the default MCU mode).

1 Like

Hi all,

I am getting a step forward. The master button now switches and controls the volume fader of the Control Room.

Still open:
- The vuMeter. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong but getting not the value of the vuMeter:
I am doing the following steps:
var hostSelectedTrackChannel = page.mHostAccess.mTrackSelection.mMixerChannel;
hostSelectedTrackChannel.mValue.mVUMeter.mOnProcessValueChange = function ( context, newValue){
// calculating the value and do the midi send
}
So it looks like that the newValue is always 0.
The function is also only used when I change the track. So looks like that the value is not changing.

So any ideas how to implement the vuMeter correctly are welcome.

- The left and right channel buttons changing (stepping through the 8 tracks of a bank) the MIDI value every time one of the buttons is used.
Also here any ideas to handle this MCU behavior are welcome.

Thanks in advanced.

Maik

Hi,

I forgot why, but when I was implementing VUMeter, I used the customVariable.

// VU Meter
var customVuMeter = surface.makeCustomValueVariable('customVuMeter')
page.makeValueBinding (customVuMeter, selectedTrackChannel.mValue.mVUMeter)
customVuMeter.mOnProcessValueChange = function(context, newValue) {
}
1 Like

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the quick response.
You made my day!

Step by step I am learning more about the API.
Be honest the documentation about the API has got some room for improvement :wink:

Thanks to the Steinberg community! Without you I was not able to make this run.

So current status

• Time bar LEDs working
  • Display LED (upper and lower) working
  • Fader is working
  • vuMeter is working
  • Master Volume (mapped to the volume of the Control Room) working

Still open:
The previous and next buttons are useless because looks like that they are still in the “MCU bank mode”. That’s also the reason why the select button reacts as the select button.
I figure out how to enforce the next and previous channel buttons always sending the same CC values but the controller itself is switching.
So if one of you has an idea how to fix this you are welcome.
Otherwise I will let it as it is and recommend not to use these buttons.

Cheers

Maik

Behringer_XTouchOne.midiremote (8.2 KB)

Hi all,

I fixed also the previous next button issue.

This is the last release of my script:
Behringer_XTouchOne.midiremote (8.2 KB)

The assignment looks like this:

Hope you can use it.

And now let’s make music, because that’s what we are here for :slight_smile:

Cheers

Maik

Hi Maik,
Really a great work you have done. Here everything is working as expected except only the ‘Select’ and the ‘Channel’. Are they some how linked? If so, could you please fix it? Then it would be an absolute infallible script. Hope, you must fix that at least for us who have no idea about java scripting.
A sincere request to fix it, please.

Thanks & regards
Kaushik

Hi Kaushik,

Thank you for the positive response.
Regrettably it looks like that the select and prev. Channel button are synced by the firmware of the hardware. So this cannot be fixed with the JavaScript.

Cheers

Maik

Hi Maik,

Thank for the information. Now let us look forward to the next upgraded firmware from Behringer.

Regards,
Kaushik

Lots of info here re the X Touch One.
However, is it possible to assign the fader to cc11 expression and keep all other buttons and transport stock? Thanks in advance.

Regards
Charles

The script in

has automatic part switching for the faders. Is it possible to implement this for the One script?

Hi Charles,

That should be possible, more or less. You have just change the button assignement within the script. The habit with the select button will be still there because of the mcu mode.

Alternativly you can switch to the midi mode.
In that case the fader will work with a lower (128) resolution. Mcu Runs with a resolution of 1024. As far as I know the midi mode is also using different cc so that the script Must be er designed.

Cheers
Maik

Just to clarify. If the fader will be touched the automation should change from read to write mode. Right?

No, when i choose a channel >8 the slider doesn’t work any more cause i have to switch the bank. If i understand it corectly the other script switches the bank automaticly

My script also switches the bank automatically. Please clarify that the Controller is using the latest firmware and running in mcu mode.

2 Likes

Thanks, Maik. I think I’ll just use the unit for the transport-record features and grab a two fader controller I’ve had my eye on for CC11. I appreciate your input. Take care.
Charles