Behringer Xenyx 1204USB with Cubase Studio 4

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere already.
I’m completely new to the forum… Hi.

I’m running Cubase Studio 4 on a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro.
Prior to today, I’d been using a Zoom H4 as my audio interface, with no problems.
Today I got myself a Behringer Xenyx 1204USB.
I’ve set it up properly (I THINK!), set all preferences correctly (I THINK!!), and am getting nothing from Cubase.
I get a good signal coming from the desk, but Cubase isn’t receiving anything.
Initially I couldn’t even hear the click track from Cubase, but rectified that by depressing the 2-TR/USB button on the Xenyx.
I don’t have any studio monitors, just the desk straight into the Mac.
Any help would not only be greatly appreciated, it would CHANGE MY LIFE. I get the feeling it’s going to be something ridiculously simple, so please be gentle.

Thanks folks.

Have you selected the right ASIO driver in Cubase, and did you go to VST connections to enable and assign all the inputs and outputs on the behringer in Cubase?

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, selected ASIO driver and VST connections in Cubase.
However, after reading your post I went back in to double check all connections, and the VST connections had reverted back to default (probably through my error no doubt), so I reassigned the input and output to the behringer and bang, Cubase receiving signal. Hooray!

Again, thanks for taking the time. Having read these forums for some time before entering the fray, I’m consistently impressed by the experienced users’ patience and willingness to help.

Glad you got that sorted :slight_smile:
Note that you can save presets in the vst connections window, so even if it resets again some time, you can simply restore the preset and all settings will be made instantly.