Best DAW poll

Was that it?! Just ONE question?! lol

Cubase is on 12% with ProTools leasing at 31%.

Actually continuity is one of the most important things for the recording musician. Knowing that your projects won’t become obsolete as the software you have been using has been discontinued and is no longer supported. Probably owing to users moving on to the next shiny thing.
DAWs are a very small part of the software business. Steinberg was rescued by Yamaha. What happens if they make a strategic decision tn drop Steinberg? You are right that it is all about the bottom line. You can see how Apple is dumbing down Logic to make it more compatible with Garage Band.
My problem with Steinberg is that they are too busy with the new bells and whistles before resolving the problems that are annoying many users.
Some of us have got a lot invested in this software which makes it difficult to cut and run. Often a large number of complicated projects. Anyway, even if we wanted to where would we go?
What annoyed me about your original statement was your use of the word fanboy without, apparently, showing some understanding of the subtler realities that face us users.
If you weigh in with strong opinions don’t be surprised if you get strong opinions thrown back at you.

Are you done with the insults? I’ve used Cubase since it was called Cubit on the Atari. Almost 30 years ago. I don’t believe you’re in any position to lecture me, kid. But I’ve also used other DAW’s. And no, it doesn’t take much to switch from one to another, since they’re all very similar (you, of course, wouldn’t know, since you’ve sworn complete allegiance to just one.) I’ve also switched from Atari to Mac and then finally to Windows in 2007. None of those changes was ever “traumatic” in any shape or form. When Sonar became the first 64-bit DAW in the world, I stopped using Cubase, dumped my Mac (no Sonar for Mac and it would take years for Apple to catch up and release a 64-bit OSX) and built my first Win machine, because I fully understood how important 64-bit was for me as a film/TV/theater/ballet composer. All the while, I had to endure the Apple fanboys calling me a “traitor” and continuously telling me that 64-bit was useless and it wouldn’t go anywhere. Needless to say, as soon as Apple released their 64-bit OS, it suddenly became indispensable and super-cool. Like big phones after the release of the iPhone 6, and that’s after taking jabs at my Samsung Note for years: “is that a flat screen TV or a phone?” Ha ha, who’s laughing now, fanboys? Incidentally, how ironic is that now suddenly 64-bit is allegedly of paramount importance in a phone, even if there are no 64-bit apps and the iPhone only has 1 gig of RAM…

Anyhow, it took Cubase two years to catch up to 64-bit. Meanwhile I was pioneering huge orchestral templates that later so many people copied from me, including the Apple fanboys who were telling me how useless a 64-bit DAW was. Then when Cakewalk released the ridiculously-buggy Sonar X1 and Cubase was at finally full-64-bit version 6, I switched back. Once again, no stress, no issues, no problem. That’s pretty normal when you have no emotional attachment to gear and the companies that produce it. You simply can’t understand that a person doesn’t necessarily need the emotional attachment you have for your gear, and that’s why you reacted to my words with senseless insults. Just like the Apple fanboys when I switched to Windows.

In other words, if Cubase suddenly disappears, you might be screwed, but I would quickly adapt, like I’ve always done. Don’t assume everyone is just like you.

I happen to agree woth both of you, Indigo and silhouette.
Tools and continuity, YES. Corporate whore, NO (even though some sort of loyalty are needed) :wink:

How did the poll end? :mrgreen:

Hell! There was me thinking God was kind of humble. By the way less of the kid - flattering as that might be for a 61 year old bloke. Who by the way started with an Atari in the 80’s.
I think I will end the conversation here, as you are clearly beyond any point of rational contact. By all means continue to change the known universe. Personally I think you should have stopped after day 7.

What is this, a peepee war between flaccid old timers?!?! :mrgreen:

Regarding if Yamaha dropped Steinberg, or if Cubase just disappeared from the market…which I tend to doubt any time soon, after all it’s a great software. No problemo mi amigo’s …I’d just keep using the old stuff I have! :smiley:

Oh yeah, you had to end it with another insult. I wouldn’t expect anything less from you, fanboy. Notice it’s the first time I use this word for you. You definitely earned it.

This thread is an over dramatization of real life events :laughing:

:laughing: a word is enough for the wise