Best way to roll back to Cubase 7.5.2 (From 7.5.3)

Hi All

i’m finally giving up, the 7.5.3 problem that has affected just a few of us nearly caused a problem with a client, (and I thought I’d fixed it a while back but it started up again) so I’m gonna roll back to the previous version (7.5.2). What is the best way to do it, I can’t just use the 7.5.2 installer as it just says it’s already installed and won’t do anything. Do I have to go back to 7.0 or do I uninstall the whole thing and then reinstall (backing up preferences of course) or??.. I know many of you have done this, just wondered about the best way, timewise mainly.

Best Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

I’m sorry you are having problems with the latest update. Our developers are alredy aware of the issues and working hard on fixing them ASAP.

But for the time being, if you need to get back to 7.5.20 you can actually uninstall just the Cubase 7.5.30 update in your Windows Control Panel / Programs and Features / Uninstall a Program. On the left hand side of that window you will find an option called “View installed updates”. Click there and look for the Steinberg Cubase 7.5.30 Update and just uninstall it. That should bring you back to 7.5.20

All the best

Hi Louis

Thanks very much, that did the trick

Best Regards

Dave

if you need to get back to 7.5.20 you can actually uninstall just the Cubase 7.5.30 update in your Windows Control Panel / Programs and Features / Uninstall a Program. On the left hand side of that window you will find an option called “View installed updates”. Click there and look for the Steinberg Cubase 7.5.30 Update and just uninstall it. That should bring you back to 7.5.20

Luis:

Could you explain what’s the procedure for those on the Mac platform who might wish to downgrade…particularly if they are no longer in possession of the 7.5.20 installer?

yes, how on Mac?

[Edited]
On the Mac, running the previous update installer should roll it back.

You can find the Mac 7.5.20 update here: http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubase_7_and_Cubase_Artist_7/7.5.20/Mac/Cubase_7.5.20_Update_mac.dmg

Cheers,

“On the Mac, running the previous update installer should roll it back.”

I did exactly that and I still have 7.5.30. So the question remains, how do you roll back to 7.5.30 on the Mac.

i love apple (got an iphone 5S :smiley: ), because its a stable system.

but on my windows 8.1, if i want to go back from an update (.30 for ex.) … i uninstall cubase… reinstall 7 then 7.5… then patch with the patch u need.

Hi joliraja,

how are you starting Cubase? Directly from the applications folder or from the dock?

Regards

“how are you starting Cubase? Directly from the applications folder or from the dock?”

Both ways as it turned out. However, I have since deleted the Cubase 7.5 entry in the applications folder and then installed 7.5.20 and what starts up now claims to be 7.5.20. I have not done enough yet to see if there are problems but I think I am back to the previous version.

[Appended]

I have been using Cubase for several days and the above procedure does seem to completely roll back to 7.5.20 on the Mac.

Guys…please get us an update to 7.5.3. I am in the middle of rolling back…never had to do this before. The last time I had to roll back a new version was with Sonar X1…Jesus what a cluster that was.

Timeframe?

Above to roll back my self. Really not impressed.