Bex64 crash

Sometimes when I open my projects cubase crashes because of bex64 process.
Today’s while working I opened up a new kontakt and cubase crashed always because of bex64.

Anybody know what’s this process and how I can fix it?

Hi, I have the same…

a simple google search :unamused: showed several results for that error. it has nothing to do with cubase and seems to be a windows IE error or video or several other processes. best of luck with google.

this appears to be a windows related error specific to certain configurations or everyone would have it i think… i dont

Certain plugs in use give me a 90% crash on exit with the BEX error…

If it has nothing to do with cubase, why is cubase crashing because of it?

everything crash with BEX error… not only Cubase

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: Cubase8.exe
Application Version: 8.0.10.427
Application Timestamp: 54c0b2bf
Fault Module Name: plugin X.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 555a8b5b
Exception Offset: 000007fee4fe110e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 0000000000000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2055
Additional Information 1: 63a0
Additional Information 2: 63a0c9fa9f4ab9b63d74cf656534bb94
Additional Information 3: 80cc
Additional Information 4: 80cc93e56a8060b24fedb941897f371c

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

plugin X = plugin name omitted…

Maybe cubase needs to learn how to shut down properly…? Maybe the vst fault? Idk…
Said (semi external) plugin utilizes loopmidi for midi… Maybe cubase cannot handle shutting down with plugins mapped in certain fashions…? - and it only happens on exit, so it has to do with how cubase shuts down?

• i have also noticed this with waves plugins… Maybe the waveshell communicates with “special” midi too? Idk , im just guessing here:p
    Always seems to be a plugin_unloaded error…

very strange…i have tons of midi plugs including waves stuff and havent had any problems although others have also reported problems with cubase exit.

edit: search for bex64 error yielded results suggesting this error happens with MANY different applications implying it is a windows or infected file(s) problem. it seems to be associated with games or other graphics intensive applications. the solutions look a bit dubious further suggesting corrupted operating system/graphics files.

i did not however see one reference in the search to cubase…lots of gtaV and other games including adobe graphics applications. i think its a safe bet to assume it stems from a graphics file/driver issue.

ps. this is why i stopped using my daw for other things years ago. daw apps are very specialized as we know and having to reload/rebuild the whole thing after trying some game or other app is way too much work. keep it off the net too!

Are you making me jelly?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, head is up high and in good spirit. - alles wird gut:p

its interesting this issue is arriving again here in May 2015. I was working fine in January 2015 and now I have several templates that wont load (Cubase crashes due to BEX64). I am using Kontakt as well

actually, all of my previous project files appear to have this issue now… Great.