Blacklisted Ozone 8 and Neutron..

all up to date but blacklisted, did the reactivate thing in plugin manager to no avail, these are 64 bit plugs, why are they blacklisted? :confused:

no issues in Studio one…they run fine… :confused:

The iZotope installers tend to install “all formats” spread across multiple places… I had some vst2 versions in places I should only find vst3 versions etc

In the blacklist xml file you can see the installation path for the plugins blacklisted, and it may be pointing at a different version (a duplicate install) of the plugins in question.

My guess is that you still load Ozone 8 and Neutron?

I thought only VST2 versions of the izotope plugs were working…seem to remember reading this?

OK thanks guys…will look into your suggestions… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I thought this was normal. Those blacklisted files arn’t the actual plugin. The plugin itself should still be there and working, even though those files are blacklisted.

I just deleted the VST2 versions and left the VST3 alone. Solved the blacklist issues and VST3 versions function just fine in 9.5

The installer is indeed crap.

1. you can’t select whether you want to install 32- and/or 64-bit VSTs
  2. if you select install “VST3 only” then it still installs one or two 32- and 64-bit plugins into Steinberg’s VST path,
    where I do not want to have 3rd party VSTs installed into
  3. Only when installing also VST2s then I get a further menue presented where I can clearly configure where 32 and 64-bit VSTs shall can be installed to.
  4. @Carvin Man: In regards to your point, is blacklisted becasue potentially wrong versions are installed to wrong directories.
    I performed a VST2 only installation with proper VST paths for me.
    But then all VST2s are blacklisted. That is not normal.

Whats most annoying with Ozone, that you need to raise the ASIO buffer size significantly to 256 to prevent audio drops.
I have a RME UFX+, System and ASIO load is not an issue. Normally I can play a 400 tracks project with ASIO buffersize of 32 samples @44.1 without any audio dropouts. In this case it was a very small project <10 tracks with 3 VSTs (NI B4, Superior Drummer, Trillian).
Thats from performance perspective somehow disappointing.

Another 2 issues with Ozone 8 Advanced

• no presets become installed anymore (same experience I had already with the latest version of 5, 5.05b)
  • the codec preview function does not work with MP3

Hi guys, is there a solution to this problem?

There is a kinda “solution” for this. The following costs a little but its solves a lot for me. Mind that I am on a MAC (but it will work in most PC’s as well) and that I have VST, VST3 and AU versions of plug-ins and instruments installed. If one of them do not work, the other will, at least for those tested.

You need to spend EUR 99 on Blue Cats patchwork. That thing solved lot for me. I had a bunch of instruments and plugs that did not work after upgrading to Cubase 9 (and even some trouble in Cubase 8.5). Patchwork acts as a wrapper and can host a lot of software that Cubase cannot.

So far I have tested the following that does not work in Cubase 9 on my computer:
Addictive Drums - XLN
Chroma Key - Audiothing
Anuna - Crysonic
Sindo - Cysonic
Izotope Ozone 5 & 6
Izotope Nectar 2
Izotope Alloy 2
Ultra Channel - Eventide
Tokyo DAwn - Feedback Compressor
Tone Boosters _ Many mix and master plug-ins
Cable Guys . Shaperbox bundle

It also handles my old Lexicon MX 200 software for the external hardware unit.

The same thing lets you load all VST in Logic if that is desired and the other way around. Nowadays most of instruments and plugs are both platforms so I do not seed the real value of it for that reason, but as mentioned when one platform is not working the other will. PC users will not have that option but at least be able to try out VST or VST3. Patchwork also comes with it’s own bunch of FX units and a lot of presets. You may put units in parallel or serial.

You can also buy Patchwork bundled with 32 bit lives that will turn most 32 bit plugs into a 64 bit interface. This lets you use most Powercore plugs and instruments up to Sierra OS!

I do not own Patchwrok myself but I have downloaded the demo and done my testing there. I will for sure buy it as soon as money hits my account!

I am in no way affiliated with Blue Cat nor do I have any advantages from “marketing” patchwork. I have faced thaw same problem as the OP’s

Patchwork can work as a bridge on Mac.
On PC it does not, I looked into it after hearing of it from a lot of happy Mac users.

Haven’t tested on PC. MAC only. However on Blue Cats website it states it will work on PC. Downloading and testing is free, so I guess that it will be interesting for many PC users to test out on thier specific installation. I have learned that some OS goes better with some pluggs and some DAW versions, so what does not work in one studio would work well on another. I am guessing but I have heard nothing “wrong” about Patchwork on PC. 32 Bit Lives on the other hand is MAC only. 32 Bit lives is a “bridge”. Patchwork on the otherhand should be caracterized as a “wrapper”.

No no nothing wrong with it, it can host plugins fine, and a lot of other cool stuff.
When I tested it could not load 32bit (64bit host) or VST3 plugins on PC, don’t think that has changed.

Izotope is telling me 08 is fine on Nuendo 8, true?

I bought O8 (I’m on Nuendo 7) not realizing it wasn’t supported (I was told incorrectly by the seller).
However, It seems to work fine on 7 but…crashes ensue when trying to reopen the project from a fresh Nuendo start.
But, if you open Nuendo 7 project with “no” 08 in it, then close it and open one “with” 08 …it will open.
ie; Nuendo is already opened, just closed one project out & opened another.
FWIW.

Ozone 8 now fully supports Nuendo 8 if you install the latest updates.