Blacklisted Plugins - What's up?

I have 9.5 and 10 on two different systems. IDK if they share the blacklist if they reside side by side.

j,

It’s wasted my day. So frustrating. Glad I have a fix for now.

No there is not a hidden list,
not working means not working correctly by testing live.

re-enabled plugins working fine for me as they have been for months before the .50 update, so no that’s not the reason - but thanks for trying to help. Maybe you have another issue with your system ?

Just to be clear:

It’s not ilok specific - as not all the blacklisted plugins are ilok protected
it’s happening to cubase AND nuendo but on different plugins - so inconsistent.
Often reports 32bit when plugin is 64bit - even though plugin manager shows 64bit therefore misreported.
Happens on plugins that have been working fine for months/years
The re-enabled plugins works perfectly
started occurring for most with the recent cubase update

ergo - most likely issue is within cubase.

it may well be that there are other factors at play too, a dodgy update on the soundtoys plugins etc, but that doesn’t explain ALL of the different issues

I didn’t say that cubase has no problems.
But Ilok 5.1 has problems for sure (even on standalone Synths with Ilok protection and Ilok has already acknowledged it and a new beta out).
So when somebody has recently updated an Ilok protected plugin and now has problems then he should install the 5.0 Ilok version. Geez. Is that so hard to understand ??

calm down !

I didn’t say there wasn’t an issue with whatever ilok software (although I’m running 5.1 just fine) - I said it wasn’t ilok specific - is that so hard to understand ??

Along with SoundToys, has anyone also confirmed blacklist of Lexicon PCM bundle? I just attempted the install 2 days ago, and it’s also blacklisted.

Also, 2 days ago downloaded the new Play6 and its blacklisted.

All of these use iLock. Is there a way to go back to a prior iLock version, and if so how?

It has to do with Windows, Cubase and all plugins tested.
The combination of 3 vst plugin kinds and maybe a user has 50 plugins installed or more.
If one or two fails the test i am sure most of the time the plugin is at fault.
Sometimes cubase test of the plugings might be the fault.
I have 3 plugins in blacklist and know why, they do not work with cubase at all.
But i have tried to make them work, cubase did not accept it and blacklisted them.
If has also to do that the plugin must behave alike the testsystem and pass the test.
I never have one plugin worked out and they keep blacklisted.
I also never look at it or do something about it.
There are other plugins that work and most of them do he.
I never asked a question because of my plugins dont work, they do.
But to say Cubase is at fault, most of times i wanted to say to the users, it a fault mostly because the plugin just does not work or passes the test.
:laughing: :laughing: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I did the following test on the studio system:

• Windows 10 1903
  • iLok is v5.03
  • Install latest SoundToys bundle

→ No blacklist in Cubase Pro 9.5.41

• Update iLok to 5.1.0

→ No blacklist in C9.5

Conclusion: the blacklist issue is either system specific, or tied to Cubase 10.

j,

FWIW I still have iLok License Manager 5.0.3 (b2569, r44013) currently and have not had anything blacklisted by Cubase 10.0.50

One extra infobit: the c9.5 system uses an iLok dongle, while the 10 is soft. That could perhaps be of significance?

j,

What are you talking about? Steinberg has never used ‘ILok’ and has been using ‘elicencer’ already way before 9.5! And Cubase 10 can not be run on soft-elicencer?

iLok for the plugins. This whole thread is about that. And Elements and AI can indeed be soft licensed.

j,

I use some Soundtoys plugins and also use the full Lexicon PCM bundle. No problems here. Don’t use Play6.

Maybe not relevant in this situation but something to take into consideration? I trashed my preferences just before upgrading to 10.0.50 because of other issues that are also now solved! :wink:

Unless you just installed the newest iLock update and then installed the newest SoundToys I don’t think blacklist will happen. The same goes for Play6 and Lexicon PCM. Regardless, SoundToys, and EWQL are aware of the iLock issue with C10 blacklisting. There is a iLock beta fix that indeed fixed all SoundToys, EWQL, and Lexicon (plus who knows how many more developers this effected) on my system, so hopefully it will be released public. Also a similar thread appears at VI Control addressing iLock and Play6 and also mentions the beta.

I wouldn’t know about which Cubase versions it effects. Also you would have to update iLock first then install SoundToys…at least that is how I did it. In my case, I had to unauthorized iLock on my old PC, then authorize iLock on my new PC then install SoundToys. Doing this blacklisted the 3 3rd party plugs I mentioned.

If you want to test whether the iLok version matters, you can’t update it before you install the plugins.

Btw, I’ve notified Soundtoys about this thread, and they’re looking into it.

j,

Yes SoundToys, plus it effected some other developers. The iLock beta fixed all of them on my system.

I only got the problem after installing the latest iLok software.

Where is the ilok beta available?