Blackmagic intensity 64 bit

I’m using Cubase 6 64 bit with three monitors and one TV. Matrox M9140 works great for all 4 but if I want the video fullscreen on the TV display to play smoothly I need a separate video card. I have bought Blackmagic Intensity and it works great on Cubase 32 bit. Unfortunately Cubase 64bit does not recognize it.
That’s a problem since I need the ram of 64 bit.
I do have Vienna Ensemble pro and it works fine to extend my ram from cubase 32 bit but it’s a more complex workflow, I definitely prefer to work from the 64 bit version (Particularly since Cubase 6.5 has now a 64bit rewire!)

Does Steinberg thinks of addressing this? I believe it’s a Quicktime issue. Any news on the subject?

Thanks,

Nico

Does Steinberg thinks of addressing this? I believe it’s a Quicktime issue.

Quicktime would be Apple then…!?

Steinberg is using Quicktime 7 to play out Video with Video Playback cards. Quicktime 7 is 32 bit only.

But:

I am not sure which update of Cubase this quote applies to. Do you have the latest patch installed?

That’s Nuendo. Cubase’s big brother.

Yes, but it is even its sibling. I have just checked Cubase 6.0.4 (Which has the same Video Engine as Nuendo 5.5.0): My BM Intensity is working in 64 bit Cubase :wink:

So it should work with Cubase >= 6.0.4