Blank Interface For Backbone

Hi!
I just bought Backbone. But I get a blank screen when I open Backbone in Cubase 11.0.20. I use a 2015 Mac Book Pro Retina with Catalina. I am able to load tones, but I cannot control, create or edit instruments, as I get a full black screen(Please see the screenshot). Any settings/workaround to overcome this?

1 Like

Same problem here. On windows and with Ableton, Cubase and Studio One

2 Likes

I’m not able to log in from my IP. Hope You receive this message.

It is still not solved! I gave up the idea to use Backbone, though my money is gone! Steinberg is really really bad at aftersales support.

you need to reinstall it! and check if all ok with your library manager!

I have tried whatever I can. But no hope. I can load the presets. But it loads with a plain black background and thus cannot edit/tweak anything.

my dear friend, I have repaired it! by myself! Yesterday! Cant believe! I am - crazy blond lady! solved it!
it seems to be the same problem like mine.
we need to repair and install correct the Steinberg Library manager!
you can write me mail - nota-v@yandex.com (you have mac - correct?)
in mail i tell you how i solved it
Nata

1 Like

Wow!
Sent you an email! Thank you!

Hey, I ran into the same problem and don’t know what to do. Although I’m on a pc any help would be useful. Thanks in advance

Hi, I am facing the exact similar issue. What should I do now?

Thank you.

1 Like

No solutions found till now. Now the OS is Big Sur. Though @natalive tried her best to help me, none of her suggestions worked for me. Money spent on Backbone was wasted!

Hi,
I figure out the issue is licensing system, is your license Absolute 5?
Check your voucher to see if there is a new Absolute license update. I may just added today.

I got an upgrade and Backbone are working well now.

Cheers,

Hi,
No, I had purchased it separately on the first day of release; but had recently upgraded to the new licensing system using the voucher. Nothing did change. I can load the presets. But cannot edit anything.

Did you re-install it after upgrading to the new licensing system? When upgrading to Cubase 12 I had to download and re-install some VSTi (Retrologue 2 ect…)
By the way I upgraded to Monterey a few weeks ago, but I don’t think it help this case, just to let you know.

Wow ! This time it worked! Thank you so much for suggesting a ‘reinstall’. Last time I had done a 1.5 upgrade only.

1. I upgraded my OS to Big Sur
  2. Upgraded the Backbone license from Elicenser to the new Steinberg licensing system using the voucher from My Steinberg.
  3. Uninstalled Backbone using uninstaller
  4. Reinstalled Backbone 1.5 and all other suggested contents from the download manager.
  5. This time I chose the Library/ Application Support/ Steinberg/Content/Backbone/Vst Sound library path as the download path from application support in (Might be insignificant).

Now it works! Thank you so much !

1 Like