Blank pages

I’ve got a four movement work (four flows) and I need to be able to insert a blank page in one of the parts between the third and fourth flow (to allow for fewer page turns). In Engrave mode I select the page I want, click on the Insert Page After and it creates a blank page. However, that page then becomes the last page of the part. None of the pages from the fourth flow are visible any more. If I delete the blank page, the fourth flow reappears. On the Pages (on the right side) it shows 10 pages. I click on number 6 and then insert. The blank page becomes page 7 and the others do not show at all. I would expect there to be 11 pages after inserting the blank page.

It appears that I am missing something important. Any idea what it is? Thanks for any help.

I think the thing you’re missing is that when you insert your page, you need to make sure you specify that it should use no master page, i.e. choose ‘None’ from the list. If you choose ‘Default’, then in fact Dorico basically does nothing, because the page after page 6 already uses the ‘Default’ master page to draw the music on.

You can alternatively simply delete the music frame on the page you want to become blank: the music will flow past that page happily enough.

Thanks for the answer, Daniel, but it still does the same thing. I made sure I used none when I added the blank page. But the succeeding pages just disappear. When I delete the music frame on page 7, again the rest of the pages just disappear. I can Ctrl-Z and everything comes back. Maybe I have some other setting that’s doing it, but I can’t find it. :frowning:

If you attach your project here (zip it up first) I’ll be happy to take a look and try to figure it out for you.

I can’t seem to get the zip file small enough. The project is 2.3 MB and zipping just doesn’t get it much smaller. Is there any other way I can get it to you? Thanks!

Sure, you can email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de.