Blue Screen while recording

BlueScreenView Analysis.txt (1.98 KB)
Hi to everybody…
In the last week three blue screen…never had them since I use Win7 (more than 2 years)…
Nuendo overall perfomance is also decreased…random spikes and dropouts (even at 1024 buffer thay appear…less but they appear).
I checked with DPC Latency tool and the red bars appear as dropouts occur.

Last changes that I remember:

• Installation of some demo waves plugins…soon removed.
  • Video Card replacement (from ATI FireMV 2400 - incomptible with N5, it always caused crash on exit - to double RADEON HD5450). I tried coming back to FireMV but the dropouts remain…

If someone can, please help…
I attach the analysis (BlueScreenView) of the minidump file created after the last BSOD …

Have a look at Read small memory dump files - Windows Client | Microsoft Learn to learn how to read the minidump files. That should point you in the direction of what is causing the crashes.

In 99% of the cases, Blue screens are created by a hardware problem.
Best thing you can do is analyse the dump file.

Fredo

I’ve already analyzed it…it was in the attachement.

Bug Check String : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x0000001e
Parameter 1 : 0000000000000000 Parameter 2 : 0000000000000000
Parameter 3 : 0000000000000000 Parameter 4 : 0000000000000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+70710

By analysing I meant figuring out what the codes in de dump mean.
They will give you information where to look.

Fredo

I had a similar issue recently resulting in losing an entire episode of the live show I was recording at the time.
After getting advice from EVERY dick on the planet, I ended up ditching my trusty toshiba & replacing it with a MAC book pro. (actually 2 of them… for redundancy :slight_smile:
Something I NEVER thought I’d do…

To be honest, after the initial teething problems of interfacing, it has turned out to be a good move.

FYi, the Toshiba spat the dummy big time after all this & the problem seems to have been the C drive.