Blues For Lucian

Well, now I’ve learned something. I have a couple of albums by a band called Shadowfax, but I didn’t realize they named themselves after a mythical animal in Lord Of The Rings. At least according to Wikipedia. Will put the book on my reading list; you can put the band on your listening list!

Just having another quick listen while I eat my Cornflakes (got up late :blush: )

I’ll come back to this later as ive got to do some little jobs round the house,
but for now, something caught my attention as I spilt my milk…I wonder if its the reverb??

I might change my mind later on this, but it kinda sounds like the song is being played
in a clean ‘youth club’ room/hall …rather than say…a smokey blues club :smiley:

Is there a smokey blues club reverb preset? :confused: :laughing:

I guess what im saying is I think its a bit, bright, close…clean?

Anyway, something to think about, I could be way off…Im half asleep :laughing:

:sunglasses:
Sav

err, I might have been talking out of my breakfast bowl a little there …?

anyway, pm sent :wink:

Sounds great . You haven’t been listening to much Larry Carlton have you??? I personally like the overall sound ,don’t think anything is needed to add warmth at all. The clean guitar technique you have is accentuated as it is. Lots of guys couldn’t pull this off.

Hey, thanks for listening, Mr M. Appreciate the feedback! I have heard Larry Carlton, he’s a good one, although I have not listened much to him… love John Scofield, Mike Stern, Jeff Beck, Johnny A, Oz Noy, Bill Connors, and many more…
Early

Excellent all the way around, both technically and musically.

I loved!

wonderful music! Very good taste in arrangement and playing!

Congratulations!

Since it keeps getting brought back from the grave I had to give it another fresh listen. Still love it! Fitting my current mood perfectly. Beautifully done. Thanks again for sharing.

Yup! Still sounding good! :sunglasses:

I know what you mean… we just said goodbye to drummer #11 ! He only lasted 3 rehearsals - which is actually better than most who didn’t even make the starting line :confused:

Is there still radio in the world?

yeah, just not for you or I it seems :confused:

:sunglasses:

Thanks for giving it a listen!

Much appreciated!

Thanks for stopping in again, Scab and Ian.

We’re just trying out drummers again…

In the meantime, while it was almost “in the grave”, I’ve been working on the mix with a lot of help from Sav. He gave me some great input about reverb and the spatial relationship of the instruments, eq, and other pointers. I have added a salve of reverb to soothe the irritating dryness pointed out by several, and also made a number of other tweaks. It’s here

at the top of the list, and the old version is at the bottom of the list.

Really have to thank Sav, who took the time to make some very targeted suggestions that helped, to my ears (you be the judge), but also taught me a few things to consider in future mixes.

You’re very welcome :sunglasses:
I taught myself a few things along the way too :wink:
was a pleasure to help,

Cheers!