This is in old Cubase 8 issues, but was not yet listed in Cubase 9 issues:
When using external hardware insert effects, Cubase reports 0ms every single time I try to ping to calculate delay.
- Set up external effect in connections window
- Route a converter input directly to a converter output to create a loopback - this way any external effects cannot give misleading results.
- Tell Cubase to calculate the delay
- Cubase reports ALWAYS reports 0ms, which I know must be incorrect.
- If I route through external effects instead of using a converter loopback, Cubase still reports 0ms delay.