Boot up time

Is there any way to speed up reboot time on Nuendo?

It scans all the plugins and I have a lot of plugins!

Any way of going back to the old method of only scanning when there’s a new plugin in the folder?

All the plugins are scanned/initiated/loaded upon startup.
The alternative is waiting for each and every plugin that you laod within your project.
Always been like that and it is very unlikely that this is going to change.

Fredo

There seems to be a difference in memory, here.

Sonictimbo:-

Any way of going back to the old method of only scanning when there’s a new plugin in the folder?

Fredo (not very clear):-

All the plugins are scanned/initiated/loaded upon startup.
The alternative is waiting for each and every plugin that you laod within your project.
Always been like that and it is very unlikely that this is going to change.

Are we talkin about scanning here or testing?

When you add a new plug-in or add a folder to the plug-in path locations those plug-ins are tested. Testing is a different and much longer process than simply loading the plugins as usual when you boot Nuendo without any plug-in changes. In the case of testing you will see the name of each and every plugin being tested scroll by.

sonictimbo, are you dealing with a full testing protocol each time you boot Nuendo?

Sorry, duplicate post.

It must be because I have lots of plugins, it just takes so long to reboot after a crash. I am also using Vienna Ensemble pro and it does the same thing. A crash can cost about 10 minutes or so - a bit difficult when someone is ‘in the zone!’

A lot of my crashes at the moment are stemming back to the eLicenser

10 minutes to boot Nuendo or 10 minutes to boot Nuendo and load the project? Very different questions.

No way that 10 minutes to just boot the application is normal. If it’s 10 minutes to boot Nuendo and then reload the project that’s very different. Totally depends on the size of the project.

That said, Nuendo does both boot up and load projects slower than most other DAWs, in my experience.

10 for Nuendo and project