Bottom limit of the piano treble staff.

Hi folks,

I’m not sure if it can be done, but, I’d like to enter a low F on the treble staff (three ledger lines down). The note automatically skips to the bass staff. Not what I wanted, I still want the note to be part of the treble staff.

Any ideas as to how I might achieve this? Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?

Any help appreciated.

What about entering a note in the treble clef and moving it down incrementally with the shortcut Alt down arrow or shift/alt down arrow?

How are you entering notes? I would guess you are using the mouse, and three leger lines down is closer to the bottom staff than the top one.

You can increase the spacing between the staves. Go to the Setup menu, Layout options, Vertical Spacing category.
If you don’t want to change the score layout, you can set “in Galley view expand ideal staff gaps to” something bigger than 125%. (You can’t see that option unless you scroll down!) - and then do your note entry in Write mode and Galley view not Page view.

Alternatively, use the computer keyboard (learn the shortcuts!) or a midi keyboard for note entry, and then the notes will always go on the staff that is selected.

Thanks Robert Enns, works just as you described.

Rob Tuley, I’m used to using the mouse as a note entry device, old MIDI habits die hard. :slight_smile: