Bottoms up!

Bottoms up!

Here’s a track I composed for my friend’s PC game. Don’t have much to say about it other than that the loop could have been better but since the audio library the game used didn’t do loop points very well, it was better to just loop it from the beginning which means I had to make it stop and fade so it wouldn’t sound weird. I’m planning on fixing that for the iPhone release in the summer.

I only used Halion One and Halion Sonic on this one.

I hope you like it!

Loved it! You’ve taken two vsti’s that are often maligned and made a very nice piece with them. I know you said this is game music, that it will be looped, so the following suggestion may not apply… but at some point in the piece I’d like to hear the shaker that’s panned to the right to go from syncopated hits on the off-beat to a steady, 16th note pattern of some sort – I think that would pick the piece up and give it momentum. But, given that it’s going to be looped and subject I suppose to the progress of gameplay, my suggestion might not apply

Thanks a lot!

Heh, yeah. I do have expensive libraries as well, but I like to make use of the simpler ones as well. More often actually.

Hm, don’t know about that shaker idea. I will have to try it out. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Hi

Nice sounding piece of music in it’s own right. I presume with game music it has to be able to be cut into at various points as the gamer goes from one section or place to another.

Cheers
Dave

Thanks, Dave!

Actually, this is the only song in the game. As the levels are very very short, it would be annoying if it switched between the in-game music and the menu music all the time. The song would never finish or even get past the intro at some points.

nice sounds , lovely flute it reminds me of jethro tulls living in the past if youre old enough to remember it.

Man you called it. The song just started as I read your reference. I like this piece.It sounds like there mau be a timing issue with the bass when it comes in at 1:42. I’m sold to that point so easy to address if there is an issue.

nice blend of instruments
intricate composition
stays fresh and listenable throughout
Something I would try with this to help draw this to a close - at 3:30, add a complimentary, sustained bass/synth note, barely audible at first that increases in volume and overtakes everything else and sits alone for the last few seconds…

excellent effort and results
Michael

Yeah, I’m aware of that. I let it be for… I don’t know. Life-like performance? That’s how I played it.

Thanks a lot!

I think I get what you mean. I think I tried something like that very early in the song, but removed it. Might try it again.

excellent, nice sound on the flute and keys. a very musical arrangement. well done

Thank you very much! :smiley:

Agreed!

I liked that, you’ve done a great job there!! :slight_smile:

Cheers
sav

Thanks. :smiley: