Bought Steinberg's Colliding Worlds - where is it?

Thanks. I’ve posted a support ticket but they said they will re-open support on January 4. I’ll post back here to let you know what they say.

Did you download Colliding Worlds for GA4 or GA5?

Neither the ordering page nor the cart nor the invoice make any distinction re: GA4 vs GA5. I’ve made screen shots below. In the first panel where it refers to “versions” none of those are clickable or expand into anything . . .

That’s fine.

But you can still try to download it from Download Assistant in the meantime. You need the GA5 version.

Double click any of the vstsound files to register them.

You will also need to activate the license. You should have an activation code or download access code in the confirmation email. If it is an download access code enter it in Download Assistant and it should generate an activation code for you. Use the activation code to activate the license in eLicenser.

Otherwise it will not show up in GA. (It should still show up in Library Manager even without activated license).

I think the license is applicable to both, so not relevant at the store…

he already did all steps many times… I had the same senseless advice :wink:

but who knows… “One More Time…”

I did all that stuff, and I made screenshots of every step of the process. BTW, here’s one I haven’t posted yet . . .

… so even the e-licenser knows it’s there. But one of the things documenting all this has illustrated is just how incredibly convoluted and byzantine installing software on Cubase is - I made over 20 screenshots, each illustrating a different step. Steinberg needs to streamline this because the more steps there are the more chance of something going wrong. I’ll get back next week after I hear from Support.
Happy New Year everyone!!

yeah, some simplifying could help…
there are examples out there how it could work…
One piece of software for Downloads, content management and license control…

Are you using the current Library Manager? it is 3.1. Just something to check.

1. License is good in the e licenser
  2. VST Sound sets need to show up in the Library App or you won’t see them in the Cubase browser nor the Groove Agent browser or preset window.
  3. ONLY the GA5 library is compatible with GA SE5 for C11
  4. It sounds like when you try to re install the Colliding Worlds you get an already authorized and it won’t let you past that correct?
  5. Run the e licenser maintenance program inside the e licenser app for giggles

*You could try trashing the Library Manager Prefs file so Cubase would have to re scan the library folder

Are you using the current Library Manager? it is 3.1. Just something to check.
Yep; 3.1.0
ONLY the GA5 library is compatible with GA SE5 for C11
So how do you suggest we check to see if it’s a GA5 library? I posted screenshots of the purchase page and cart and it’s not specified in there. The …vstsound file shows a creation date of September 17, 2021. It seems unlikely Steinberg would be selling a GA4 library that’s not compatible with their current product anyway. Companies sometimes sell out-of-date libraries, drivers, etc, but they usually prominently mark them as deprecated.

It sounds like when you try to re install the Colliding Worlds you get an already authorized and it won’t let you past that correct?
Correct.

Run the e licenser maintenance program inside the e licenser app for giggles
I did that. It made no difference.

Earlier in this thread I asked what the relationship was between the packages in the Library Manager and the files shown in the Groove Agent VST Sound folder because there’s such a discrepancy between them and even the ones in the folder that don’t show up in the Library Manager still get called “already registered” if I try to open them in the Library Manager. There are 31 .vstsound files but only 6 packages shown in the Library Manager. And in each set there are ones that don’t seem to be in the other set. Connecting those dots might provide a clue to what’s going on here.

Did you actually download the GA5 version from download assistant?

@art1 , thank you for your purchase! The screenshots and you mentioning "I downloaded it and ran the Installer and gave it my activation code and it said it installed it successfully, " sounds like you have downloaded Colliding Worlds for Groove Agent 4 as the version for GA 5 only downloads three .vstsound files. Here’s a screenshot of what is downloaded into my default Steinberg Download Assistant download folder.

Those files also seem to have a different number range (171-173) than the ones you have.

Could you make sure that you have set the default content folder to in the Steinberg Library Manager to your path C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\VST Sound

Then check your Steinberg Download Assistant download folder for the three vstsound files as seen in my screenshot. If they are there, please double-click one of them. This should trigger the Steinberg Library Manager and copy and register the three files properly.
If you do not have those three in there, please download Colliding Worlds for Groove Agent 5 again, verify that the correct files are available and double click one of them again.

Good - that was useful. I did a broader search for Colliding Worlds on my disk and found where the Download Assistant really installed the new files . . .

…and it was my download directory, not in the folder shown earlier in this thread. (so what IS that Colliding Worlds .vstsound file in C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\VST Sound?

So I moved the new .vstsound files to the directory with all the other ones so NOW the Library Manager sees it …

…and now everything seems to work. (at last! Thank you!)

This still begs the question of why the Steinberg_Download_Assistant_1.23.1_Installer put the .vstsound files in my download folder. I’ve been buying lots of VST’s and stuff and they all come with a little downloader and installer and you give it a license key or activation code and it automagically puts it in the right VST directory, registers it and the next time you run Cubase you just start using it, easy-peasy!

Happy New Year!

Glad you are sorted there.