Bouncing Dreams - Trance with "the grand se"

hi

i played around with “the grand se” trial that came with cubase 6. I wanted to verify the quality of the piano… this inspired me to do a trance song with some nice piano inside… around 20 hours later, here’s a first version…

the song is still under construction… please dont hesitate to tell me, if you detect things you would change, im still working on it, there’s still a lot to do…

Cheers & have fun with “Bouncing Dreams” … :smiley:

Beat :nerd:

For some reason, the pad in the beginning is hurting my ears — I’m sure it’s a frequency-related issue, but not sure what to advise.

I liked it. Mix sounds perfect. The part where the rhythm came back in after the piano was introduced was AWESOME. To this day, I still don’t know how you electronica/trance/house guys do these things… they seem deceptively simple, but every time I try to construct one it’s always quite poor.

hey thanks for your feedback…

For some reason, the pad in the beginning is hurting my ears

The frequency-Issue comes from the Cutoff-Resonance-Filter on the Pad Sound, will adjust the specific automation of it.

The part where the rhythm came back in after the piano was introduced was AWESOME. To this day, I still don’t know how you electronica/trance/house guys do these things…

:slight_smile: Glad to hear that. May you tell me, on what time-code this is? i’m not shure which part you mean…

Thanks

Starlight, I gave it a listen, and thought it was very successful. I’m not really experienced in the genre, but it certainly got me moving, and it kept me interested by moving through different sections with varying intensities.

Good job :sunglasses:

There’s a middle section where the rhythm drops out and it’s just piano and pad for a bit, then the drums come back in

aaha… i know now what you mean… it’s a simple trick to get to this result.

No matther what sound you listen, as long as it has some kind of rhythm, your ear (or brain) try to “find the rhythm”, means that it starts to “count” 1234 1234 or 123 123 (for a walz)…

if you take now a synt and use an arpeggio that does not start at 1 (lets say an off-beat-arpeggio) and if you run this synt alone (without a baseline that counts 1234) after a short time your ear tries to find the “1” und believes thet the start of the arpeggio is it (but infact this “1” is the “2”)…

If you the add the base drum which provides your ear with the real “1” you reach this surprising effect because your ear need to “reconfigure” because the basedrum provides an earlier “1”…

i dont know if its understandable what i try to explain…

By the way: on 2:36 a problem i still need to solve: it does not really sound good at the moment because it sounds like a problem with the rhythm (which is in fact the moment your ears tries to re-count the first time…)

uff… :nerd:

Not my preference for listening, but the song was very well executed.

/clap

thx…

i just added a new version at soundcloud.

it contains

• adjustment of the intro part to not hurt in your ears (00:24)
  • added some first fillings (01:33, 01:50, 03:02)
  • chopper-effect on the crunchy synth second part (01:50)

uploaded my new track “sweep away” some days ago…

http://www.starlightmovement.com/

free download

cheers

Bomi :mrgreen: