Brainstorming help - positions of parts/events in different tempo

Hi - just wondering of some hints where the problem might be. One of my friend has this issue: there is some project with audio tracks and couple of edits in them. The project has some pieces with different tempo. The need is to maintain the in-between positions of the edits even they are moved to the piece with different tempo in project. Setting tracks time base to "Linear" (as stated in manual) does not work as expected. But when he creates a new project and tries to simulate the functionality there (i.e. do some edits in audio part, make some projects tempo change in some point, moving the audio parts to the different tempo - and it works as intended and written in manual).
So the question is: where might be anything “behind” what may affect this? I repeat once again to be sure: regardless of time base set for the audio tracks (Linear or Musical) the result is always the same in one project - when moving the edited audio parts in particular tracks to the different tempo interval the positions of the edits changes what is unwanted.

Thnx for any hint, Pavel

Hi,

What kind of in-between position do you have in mind, please? Do you want to get the same time or the same Bars+Beats, please?

Hi Martin - the same time should be maintained.

P.

Hi,

Are the Audio Events locked or is the track is locked by any chance?

AFAIK no, they are not locked (tracks and/or events).

P.

Hi,

Could you provide a video screen recording, please? This might give us a hint.

Yup - I asked my friend prior I had created this topic and he promised me to make some short video as soon as he was in studio. I upload it here immediately afterwards :slight_smile:

P.

So finaly my friend did really deep check and had found a couple of problematic tracks were set to Musical mode still. After unticking this mode in Pool the behaviour was as expected (and as written in manual).

Thnx anyway for replying :slight_smile:

P.

Hi,

Did he find something in common for the given tracks or Audio Events?

What do you exactly mean Martin - apart from I stated above?

P.

Hi,

Does it mean, it wasn’t possible to switch the Musical Mode Off in the Info View in the Project window? Do he had to do it in the Pool?

Ah so - no, to be honest he wrote he had done it in Pool but he did not check the other possibilities; I am sure they would worked too. So no problem at all, everything was only “user based” - no Cubase`s fault.

P.

1 Like