Brand New - MIDI Track

Greetings!

So I just purchased a Yamaha MOXF6 synthesizer which came with Cubase ai and I am just beginning to learn the program and how it works with this type of synth. I have them connected and have started to work on recording some MIDI tracks. I have gotten a little stuck once I try to create a second MIDI track. As I said I am really new to this so I am sure I am missing something really basic here. I did some research online but so far am coming up empty. What is happening is that I recorded my first drum track. Now I want to record a second sound over that. I created a second MIDI track switched to a different sound on the synth and then when I go to record the original drum track has changed to the new sound I have selected for my second track automatically. So my question is: What do I need to do to “assign” that selected drum kit to my first MIDI track so that when I go to create a second MIDI track the sound selection does not change also?

Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions!

Sincerely,
B

Hi,

It depends on the mode you are using on your MOXF6 hardware. Switch to the Song mode to be able to choose different sounds for different MIDI Channels.

Hello!

I see! Do you know of any detailed YouTube videos or instructions showing a process for this? Or would you possibly be able to elaborate a bit? The Yamaha Owner’s manual is quite limited.

Sincerely,
B

Hi,

Even thought it’s probably not your primary language this video might help.