Breath Marks on tied notes

Don’t know, if this is known already. Couldn’t find it searching the Forum.
If you look at the attached score, there are Breath Marks attached to nearly every tied note. If you enter a system break, so that the tied notes are not split between two systems, the Breath Marks appear.

Heiko
Breath Marks disappear.zip (300 KB)

One further observation: when I add the tie after the Breath Mark, the breath mark will stay visible. So this is a possible workaround at the moment.

Sorry for not replying to this thread sooner – this is a bug and one that we hope to address before the 1.0.20 update, if we possibly can.

This is an old thread, but the problem is still true for Dorico 2.2.10.
breath mark.gif

Yes, this bug is still on our backlog awaiting a fix. I can’t promise when it will be fixed.

I’m wondering if there has been any progress on this, Daniel? I’ve been searching the forum and can’t seem to find a definitive answer. It’s an issue I face in every vocal score I work on, unfortunately…

What happens if you enter the system break and then the breath?

That’s when I usually run into it, though it does seem like breaths like to randomly not appear with tied notes fully within one system as well. Sometimes I just add the breath to the next note and then drag it back to where I need it, but then occasionally (this actually happened today) it will be placed higher, as if the breath I added to the original note was forcing it upward. Can’t figure out how to delete the invisible breath though, so I end up adjusting visually in engrave mode. Wouldn’t be a big deal if I didn’t work with dozens of breath marks every day, but as a choral composer this ends up adding a good deal of time to my workflow.

Is it just breath marks or other holds too? If so, you could use one of other “hold” symbols and edit to look like the breath.