[bug] Cubase Channel Settings STAY ON TOP locks the UI since 9.5

Hi,

Cubase 12 Channel settings locks ui since 9.5, on win 10 and win 11.
Since I’ve got Cubase 9 I’ve updated it regularly and recently to C12 after getting new laptop with win 11. Since 9.5 when I open up Channel Settings window, it will always lock the ui after few moments requiring me to do some clicking on windows bar, or other tricks to get it unlocked !!! It will always do that when stay on top is set. If it’s not set then it won’t lock the ui , but then again it is annoying that the window disappears after clicking anything else.
Surely I can’t be the only one with this issue?! Why it hasn’t been fixed yet?! It’s been something like 5 years now.

There is another issue with UI, basically when I hide or open the right column, it will always result in momentary drop out when playback is running.

My machine is 12700h Lenovo Legion 5i pro Win11
My old machine was Acer Aspire7 with i7 8750h and win 10.

You need to explain what you mean with locking the UI. It just works as expected on my systems.

What do you expect? Always on top, should do what?
Leave every plugin window in front? Then it does exactly what it is intended to do.
You can close all plugin windows with one command. You need to set a shortcut.

Isn’t it the wanted behaviour?

Lock means that all of Cubase ui stops responding, only music continues playing.

Something has to be done about it. Channel Setting UI always locks out - #4 by MagneticM

I do experience this issue too, but very rarely. Once in a while, the channel settings windows “locks up” and can’t be closed, and the only way to get it back to normal is to switch to another program in windows (like with alt-tab) and then switch back, only then can I close the channel settings window.
Very annoying, but luckily it doesn’t happen very often. Sadly, I have not found a way to reproduce it, else I would have already opened a bug report with Steinberg (not that that would help in any way…)

1 Like

I have it all the time. I open the CH Settings do a little bit in it and it locks after that, always.

This has to be fixed. I’ve spent a lot of money on all the Cubase updates and I expect ui to function properly!

Then you have to contact the support. It is only on your system.

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 12:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo12

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.