Bug: Dorico crashes when trying to open this project

Hi! I’m trying to open the project attached below, but every time I try to open it, Dorico gets stuck on 60% of the opening indicator, then advances to 90% and immediately crashes. Last time I worked on this project (30 minutes ago), everything was working fine. I saved the project, closed Dorico, took a break and then came back.
My latest backup of this file is from this morning, and I’ve spent the whole day working on it, so I’d prefer not to send the whole day to waste… Help!

Homenaje a la libertad.dorico.zip (1.8 MB)

It’s a bit slow to open here but does open. I just mucked around with the graphics frame on the last page (in order to dirty the file), then saved under a new name. Does this one open at your end? If not, you might try rebooting your computer just in case something’s hanging in the background.

Homenaje Leo save.dorico (1.8 MB)

So I managed to finally open it by opening another project, minimizing the window and then opening the project I’m talking about. I guess this has something to do with the Full Screen feature in MacOS? Anyways, I’m glad my project is ok, but I think this is a bug…

Thanks Leo for your fast reply! You’re always so helpful.
I had already rebooted my computer, to no avail. I tried other things like starting a new project, then opening this one, etc. Nothing. Finally, I noticed that in the fraction of time it crashed, the screen went black for a split second. That’s when I suspected it had something to do with the full screen.

It definitely has something to do with full screen issues. I had been working with two windows, one in Write mode and the other one in Engrave mode, both on the same layout. I had one window full screen on one desktop and the second one also full screen on the other desktop (virtual desktops, same computer, single screen). I’ve worked like this before.
This time it finally opened (having opened first another project and minimizing that window), both windows from the previos project opened full screen but on the same desktop and I can’t get to minimize or do anything else.

If you encounter a problem like this again in future, go to the Dorico 3.5 folder in your user-level application data folder:

macOS: /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg
Windows: %APPDATA%\Roaming\Steinberg

and find the file called DocumentWindowPositions.ini. Delete this file, then restart Dorico, and you should find that your project opens again.

Thanks Daniel! That was very helpful. The file continued giving me trouble.