Bug?! FF/REWIND during PLAY

Problem: Pushing “Fast Forward” or “Rewind” on my computer keyboard during playback works but the cursor won’t stop when I release the key. This makes FF/REW an almost useless key-command (at least during playback).

When I do the same thing with the mouse on the transport panel it works as expected: FF or REW stops on mouse release.

I think this wasn’t an issue in earlier cubase versions - if I remember right this strange behavior started with C4 or C5.

Can anyone confirm this or do I have a little problem with my apple keyboard?

Same issue on a Mac. Yes, this popped up with the advent of C6. Not a problem with C5.

The same happens here on a PC.

Thanks for confirming.

I have the same issue in C 5.5.3, not only in C 6.0.3

The correct behavior of pressing and then releasing the FF/REW buttons while in PLAY should be: continue to PLAY from the new position (and not STOP)

It would be great to get this fixed in the next update!

I didn’t get a statement from Steinberg so far, so here is my official bug report. Please, reproduce the steps and confirm officially. Thanks very much!
(+Please fix this soon!)

Wrong Transport Behavior on FF/REW-release

Key-Commands Behavior:
Repro:

1. Create empty project
  2. press PLAY (spacebar/enter) on the keyboard
  3. press FF or REW on the keyboard - the playhead moves forward or backwards in FF/REW-mode
  4. release the key
    Problem: the playhead continues in FF/REW-mode (instead of returning into PLAY-mode at the new position)

Transport Panel (with mouse) Behavior:
Repro:

1. Create empty project
  2. press PLAY
  3. press FF or REW
  4. release the mouse
    Problem: the playhead stops (instead of returning into PLAY mode at the new position)

Aloha,
Sorry guys but I can’t reproduce this .
Tried several times. All woiks fine here.

I Followed the above report exactly and all is fine here.

Example 1-
Problem: the playhead continues in FF/REW-mode (instead of returning into PLAY-mode at the new position)

When I release my keyboard button, the playhead ‘plays’ normally

Example2-
Problem: the playhead stops (instead of returning into PLAY mode at the new position)[/quote]

When I release the mouse button the playhead DOES return to play mode.

Just reporting from this side of the volcano.
HTH
{‘-’}

Just reporting from this side of the volcano.

Try tapping FF or Rew a few times in succession and see if mayhem ensues. I can almost always get it to fail doing that.

Everything works Ok here, there’s a “Stop playback while winding” pref under “Transport” that some of you might have overlooked.
Also, I finally understand the behaviour of the shuttle speed control, (while playing) clicking and dragging immediately will continue playing in the current speed when releasing the button, clicking and waiting a bit makes the transport stop after releasing.

/A

You are right: It is the “Stop playback while winding” preference that caused the trouble. After unchecking this option everything works fine here.
Thanks!