[BUG] Importing Audio from MediaBay

When importing a new sound file from MediaBay which is already in the pool, Nuendo does not ask if you wish to use the old file or prefer using a new version, although you have set up the pref like this. It just uses the old (and maybe already processed) version from pool!

When importing a file via import-audio-menu Nuendo always asks in cases like this.

This bug was new with N5, and I think it was already discussed in the old forum, but never got fixed.

I was used to import every sound effect via MediaBay since N4, cause of the much better search and prelisten features. Now it´s a daily annoyance, since you do not get what you hear…

Edit:
One of the main problems occurs when you have once imported and splitted up a stereo-clip. When you later want to import the same sound from MediaBay in stereo, you select a stereo-file, you pre-listen a stereo-file, but when you drag it into project, you just get the old splitted left mono track from pool…

+1

I run into this every day

As soon as u tell N5 to split stereo on import - that file will only import a single mono file if u try to use it again and it doesn’t ask you what you want to do

I did a series earlier this year where a common title wipe was just a mono version of the stereo bumper - this issue got annoying really fast

Yes, it´s just weired, because in N4 everything was fine. And I don´t think that this is a sort of new feature, but rather a bug, which really should be fixed.

+1

same thing if you drag from the desktop…before it would ask you. now it just pretends it is dragging and just uses the older version anyway.
rsp

+1