bug: impossible to tie two notes

Please look to the attached foto and project.
Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-14 um 10.24.19.png
überbindungsbug.dorico.zip (323 KB)

Delete the two notes and reinput with Force Duration (O) turned on.

To clarify: You may need to enter the first note, then (with the caret still activated) enter the tie and then enter the second note.

It never occurred to me that anyone would try to enter tied notes in any other order, but the proliferation of threads regarding this topic in the past few weeks would indicate that people don’t think about the tie until after they’ve entered the notes and the tie overrides existing Forced Durations.

Thank you for your answer. I did it with Force Duration, but it doesn’t help. It is really a bug.

I was able to get it to work, but only when when i force wrote the rests as well. See attached.
Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 12.12.24 PM.png

It doesn’t work for me if I force the rests. But I noticed that I get the tied note if I delete the last note.

I tried it again and now it worked like you explained. Perhaps I made first time a mistake.

Dear Macimillian and pianoleo,

I think it is best not to delete anything. Force Duration can work beautifully by just over-writing the current note value to the desired one.

Simply click on the note to be corrected, press Enter, then the desired note value and pitch, then T, then the next desired note value and pitch.