BUG: Lots of crashes with 6.0.3!

Thanks for your valuable contributions! This is what makes this such a great place… :unamused:

Its not aimed at you - I think they’re having a laugh at conman’s expense; they’re pre-empting him wading in with similar ‘advice’ for you (see earlier posts). :slight_smile:

But the “experts” still don’t know what it is. And although everyone else (at least another thirty thousand HAPPY UNCRASHIMG Cubase users) is working happily the “experts” systems are still crashing and they’re still lashing out at any offers of help or common sense.
If they walked the walk like they talk the talk their Cubase studios, like mine and thousands of others, would be WORKING.
Have a nice laugh lads. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You win. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I submit. Your systems are definitely not working and it’s all Steinberg’s fault and they really should fix all our systems until they go wrong like yours. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Then we can all have a good moan. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Before you realise that “griefing” is not allowewd by the forum rules.

To put it simply, an access violation occurs any time an area of memory is accessed that the program doesn’t have access to. This can be due to > bad code, faulty RAM or even a bad device driver. > It really doesn’t matter who the culprit is, the root issue is basically the same

This is basic stuff lifted from the Windows website which any software team manager should really, really know about and not insist that it’s only due to bad code.
If the “bad” code works in 30000 systems and not yours then it’s got to be somebody’s bad system. I wonder who’s?

Try turning your virus checker off. Or maybe on even to check for a virus. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I see 6.0.3 is mysteriously working in another thread where you are seeing a “new” feature that’s been there since the stone age. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I seem to have joined the ranks of users having crashes with Cubase since the 6.03 update…sorry users who must have bad ram or device drivers. :wink:

I installed day one & hadn’t noticed any problems while using for a few hours in the evenings but today was a very intensive final mix tweaking session with 10 songs all heavily plug laden needing opening tweaking, rendering out etc.

Had 4 crashes in total. One was “videoengine.exe has stopped working” & the others were during a copy/move of an event apart from one starting a render.

Going to roll back for now as 6.02 was very stable for me. Not the end of the world though it made today somewhat painful!

Will dig out my crash dumps & send to Steinberg.

f the “bad” code works in 30000 systems and not yours then it’s got to be somebody’s bad system. I wonder who’s?

Ahh…But out of this figure (not sure where you got these figures from but I’ll assume they are accurate) 29,850 users run Cubase for just a few hours at a time & so just haven’t noticed the problem with crashing or have maybe had a single crash which they ignore…147 haven’t run the update yet & the rest are here reporting it :mrgreen:

Look, I’m just going to have to say that I think Conman is way out of line here… the tone of his posts reminds me of a butthurt, insecure teenage girl or something. It’s kinda pathetic. Lights is clearly explaining himself, and Conman just wants to mix it up for no rational reason and with no argument or expertise in the area.

This behavior is just depressing. Reminds me when Brains was jumping all over me for suggesting a bug might actually be a bug… this is why I don’t hang out on here much…

Carry on, then. Just felt the need to say something and call this behavior what it is: juvenile. :unamused:

Thanks Doc.

We are all here because we love and rely on Cubase for either work or passion! But you’re right. I have spent quite a bit less time here than in the past because of the self-proclaimed experts with no actual software credentials to back their expertise who assume as long as they don’t have a problem it doesn’t exist.

Are You aware, that he was ‘guested’ and has returned under a new name, about a dozen times ??
(hint !)
:sunglasses:

Jan

Are you saying Conman is in fact Brains?

That would explain a lot…

Probably …
It’s the same ‘agenda’, which started with “beryliam” and went through countless incarnations, later.

Conman is none of those, you paranoid creeps. He has never, unlike yourselves, insisted there’s no problem (do show me please), he has never insisted he’s an expert (do show me please), unlike yourselves.
I only give alternative points of view. Alternative.
I don’t start threads to start an argument with another member who is generous enough to offer advice.

If on a thread and someone gives an alternative view if I think it’s wrong I don’t comment (what’s the point) and I don’t give condescending “reasons” why I must be right. Because nobody wins any arguments when mine or your system is not working (whether due to software or not).

And I also see that you’re all more interested in discussing ME than solving YOUR problems.
That seems extremely troll-like to me. Thankfully I’m witty and imaginative enough to out-insult any poor troll.

I see that over the years you have never got any “problem” fixed because the descriptions contain no detailed and professional description of any working procedures. The mechanics who could fix the problem do not have enough detail to go on other than “It’s not working and it’s all your fault.”.

Your main offence with me seems to be not any insistence that I’m right, (which wouldn’t make any sense even if I was) but the lack of a nodding dog response that YOU must be right.

I’m curious as to how you also noticed a “new” feature in Cubase 6.0.3 which seems to be working withuot having to be “fixed” by almighty Lord Steinberg. So you got them to rewrite the code then? Just for you? :mrgreen:

Now off to pen a song about paranoid creeps. Or people who play in cabaret duos. :laughing:

well just for grins while i was out during the day i set my pc off on the wild goose chase of an all-day memory diagnostic run–multiple passes across all 18GB (the extended test suite). no errors in any of the test passes.

for those who care to do this, avoid memtest and instead, just hit F8 when you boot Win7 and choose the repair option… it will give you the option of running memory diagnostics in a much more reliable way (more like memtest deluxe, i imagine, but that costs $15).

First trash your prefs.
second RTFM!!!

:mrgreen:

:laughing:
:smiling_imp:
:unamused:

LOL