Bug - master section playback processing in the reference track doesn't work

If I’m listening to the reference track, in the monitor section, we can choose “main playback buss”, or “master section playback processing”. “Master section playback processing” does not work - it doesn’t route the audio through the master section FX.

-Todd

I think if you look closely, the option is meant to send the audio through the Playback Processing slots of the master section (and the internal metering of WaveLab), but not the entire Master Section such as the normal Effects Slots and Final Limiter/Dither sections.

It’s my understanding and experience that the option you are referring to only sends the audio through the actual Playback Processing slots of the Master Section. A place where you might insert additional metering, codec auditioning, or room/speaker correction plugins.

Yep - you’re right… I just tried it and it works fine with the playback slots. Thanks Justin!

-Todd

1 Like

No problem. I believe the feature is meant to allow the Reference Track to be shown on the internal metering of WaveLab and anything inserted in the Playback Processing slots but since the nature of Reference Tracks is to hear something “untouched” by any plugins in your session, it skips any places you might insert normal processing (EQ, dynamics, etc.).

1 Like