[BUG] Nuendo 8.2 Mixer Meter Lines Issue

Mixer meter has lines through it since the update. Trashing Prefs does not seem to resolve this. Anybody else seeing the same, want to know if its just me or if there’s a known fix?
mixer channels line issue.JPG
Meters are difficult to read, look very unprofessional with the line drawn through the meter. The meter channels can no longer be narrowed to a smaller width, before the meter lines disappear.

This bug was introduced in Cubase 9.5 and seems that the merging of the two streams has brought this into the Nuendo domain.

Everything is looking normal here with all the different channel types.
Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 15.23.44.png

Hi, thanks. What OS are you using? I’m on Win 10 x64

I’m on a Mac with OSX 10.11, so maybe I’m not the best control group :smiley:

Hi, yes, seems to be a Windows issue. There’s a thread on the Cubase forum about this and just checked with one of the other engineers here who uses it and they have the same issue since upgrading from CB9 to CB9.5. N8.1.1 was fine, only the upgrade to 8.2 caused the issue.

Here’s the Cubase thread, Seems like its a known bug. [STILL NOT FIXED!] Cubase 9.5.1 Pro - Windows 10 (1703 / 1709 confirmed) - Channel Meter Display issue - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Would like to know if anyone on Windows 10 x64 is having this issue or if it’s only specific to a few of us.

Just installed 8.2 on my Windows 7 x64 machine and everything looks good in the mixer window. I scale the mixer window and the slider sizing up & down and the fonts in relation to the lines simply work as they should. I wonder if it is an internal font (sizing) issue.

Here is a screenshot from my machine.

This is also what I’ve read that it ok on Win 7. Issue seems to be with Win10 only.

I use windows 10 Ultimate and everything looks fine in the mixer window.

I’m not aware of Win 10 ultimate edition!

Anyway, I’ve been informed this is a known bug on both CB 9.5 and now with Nuendo 8.2 Win 10 x64. Not a show stopper by any means. More important stuff to fix. A great ‘free’ update.

I’m on Win10 x64 and I have the same problems with lines through the meters and labels.

Same here. It’s similar to Cubase 9.5.

I don’t have the lines between faders in the mixer. I also opened another topic about the mixer showing the wrong channels till I move the scroll bar. very big bug. At first, I thought I was crazy but after having it happen dozens of times, I realize that after pressing F3 to open the mixer, I can’t trust that what is showing is the “real” info. I move the scroll bar and everything changes to what it should be.

You need to add your computer specs in your responses or add it to your signature otherwise no one can tell whether your response is relevant. Currently this is a known bug on Win 10x64 PC’s only. All other systems seem to be ok as far as the current info available. What’s your system?

Sorry about tho omission. I added my system specs to my signature.

Thank you :slight_smile: I’m now wondering how many other Win 10 users don’t have the issue!

Win10 Ultimate, Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti, Asus Rampage Extreme V, i7 5980x OC @ 4.500MHz, 2xUAD OCTO, RME RayDat:

No issues.

i just update to the last Windows version, and no issues here too.

Its a strange one. 3 different windows 10 pro rigs here. Different ages with different mobo’s, graphic cards, ram etc. N7 no lines on all rigs. N8.1 no lines on all rigs. N8.2 issues with lines on all rigs. I reckon its likely going to be a tricky one for Steiny to pin down as it’s clearly not affecting everyone.

Appears most of the Windows 10 machines having the issues have the more current NVIDIA cards. There are a couple of outliers. I wonder if it is related the the graphics driver for the GTX cards. Might be worth posting up what graphics drivers you are using for those who have the GTX 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, ti varients and the like.

NV GT730 on two Nuendo Rigs. AMD6450 on a Cubase Rig.

Here’s the thing though. There are no lines on the two Nuendo rigs when using N7. They only appear in N8. Same with the Cubase rig. CB9 is ok, but CB9.5 has the lines.