Bug: record on track selection

Normally when you select a track record is enabled
If you select another track it is enabled and the other is not
However this does not work if cubesis is in play/record mode
As each track is selected record remains enabled when it should not.
This video demonstrates both.

Hi Quinnx,

This behavior is intended, since otherwise you would loose a recording, when switching tracks in-between.
Furthermore it allows to quickly record enable additional tracks in a recording situation.

Best,
Lars

That would make sense if! I did not enable the option ARM SELECTED TRACKS in settings.
Since I have selected this, that rule should be maintained regardless
Since I could Also disable this option to avoid the problem you suggest.

Hi Quinnx,

Thanks for your message.

While I understand your request, we see a potential risk that users accidentally lose audio recordings when introducing this feature.

Best,
Lars

Clearly you mis-understand how cubasis works in regard to your argument.
You state that this is a deliberate function to avoid loss during recording.

Cubasis already has this function built in and automatically active.
Let me explain how this works.

If you physically arm a track which means putting your finger on the red record button on any track, that track is armed and remains armed until you physically disarm that track.
Once a track is physically armed moving from track to track will never disarm a physically armed track (ever) so loss of audio is never going to happen as you describe so that possibility does not exist

Hi Quinnx,

Thanks for your message.

Please have a look at your clip at 2:30 minutes:
When selecting another track during recording, the previously selected track remains armed.
This is intended behaviour, not loosing important recordings (e.g. when accidentally select another track during the recording process).

Best,
Lars

I have notice that which I would also class as a bug.
In regard to your insistence on intended be haviour which I do not accept
Since when is it Steinberg s responsibility to babysit my actions or decisions in a recording session?? I and every other producer are responsible adults and quite capable of making or own decisions on what does or does not effect our recordings without Steinberg s interference thank you.
The functionality for me and any one else to make my own decisions during a recording session are mine alone and unless I specify by my action in a session what I want=t to happen it should not.
For all intense and purposes this non acceptance of what was clearly demonstrated as a bug and to pass it off as an undocumented feature is truly a load of corporate B$.

And I suppose that because of this BUG since selecting individual midi tracks during a recording is the only way to isolate an incoming midi signal to a specific track/instrument that it makes complete sense to you to that once I leave a midi track for which I was playing a midi keyboard and was recording midi, that as shown when I go to the next track to select my other midi instrument for input to play and record, that the other track remains armed and now I’m recording 2 midi channels recieving the same data and so on…

This make sense??? And Steinberg is promoting this as a feature and NOT a problem??? Really?
So this is going to be Steinberg s mantra moving forward to cover up a bug as an Undocumented Feature and wash there hands of it?