[BUG] REVerence - Automation to loop

Sorry, I have no workaround ;o), but when it will be fixed, there is a other little issue for me.
Reverence has not much presets for music style, so therefore I do import my own impulses. The import is very time-consuming, because there is no Prelisten. I must import the impuls, listen if is reday for me and if not, so I must do another mouseclicks to my folder. In SIR, I can step through a list of my impulses in a folder to get the right sound. It’s a good idea to have this function in Reverence too …

bumbs!

Hey guys. Lets keep this on the first page…
Bumb.

Bye / Tumppi

Bumb!

You can still open up a couple of reverbs and automate the sends, that used to be a problem for the CPU, but nowadays it’s not so bad anymore. I end up with around 6 different room types with different sizes per session and find that I can work with that. Even if the rooms are not 100% they often really work when you see the room in the video and your brain just somehow believes what it sees.

I’ve been shouting for automatable IRs INNUENDO, but I’ve kind of given up on the topic…and found my way around this…

Still, a nice real large post IR set for Reverence would be great!
I’m not talking about theaters or opera houses, but the bathroom, kitchen, next door kind of sounds.
There should also be a way to create your own impulses.

Ollie

A feature film can have too many spaces to have one reverb each so no go…
And I want to tweak reverbs to fit as much as possible with my skills and not just to get close.

But definitely a big +1 for a new post production IR’s!

Bye / Tumppi

Of course you could set up one instance for each room, but there are only 8 sends per channel, so no go. And due to the fact that each reverb instance already takes two of the eight sends (one post- and one pre-fader, since this is not automatible), there are not more than 4 reverbs to handle. I use three reverb instances in my default session and two single effect sends (delay, etc…).

And of course a big +1000 for more post-IRs, after fixing that recall-issue…

I use 2 verbs per stem and an extra floating verb for effect that I automate via direct routing when I need it

another +1 here, recall sucks

If it were not for recall, I would not have to spend a whole day just automating reverbs for the project. It sucks.

Can’t we just get a hotfix? how hard can this be?

+1! and then another +1! etc…

+1 from me too…

Didn’t discover this until just now, I can’t understand how it’s supposed to work, is this recall function desribed in the manual?

I ended up with a bunch of Reverences and automated bypass on/off…

I ended up with a bunch of Reverences and automated bypass on/off…

Several reverb units in a single effect channel, and then bypassing them?
What a tricky workaround! :sunglasses: I never came to this idea…
So thank you for that, I think I’ll try this*

*if my CPU will let me, and if nobody of my pro tools-colleagues sees how complicated reverb-automation in Nuendo looks like…

Hi all,

I found another workaround for this problem. I made a kind of “pulse” automation of the stupid recall switch, which is now changing its state each frame. The “draw line : square” tool helped a lot to do this. The only remaining problem is this blinking recall switch in the upper right corner of reverence gui… but it works.

Bumb!

Seems no fix on 5.5.2.

So BUMB!!!

It seems I’m the only one who wants a promise that this is fixed, but so what. I’ll keep posting here till this gets fixed.
I’m at the moment teaching my 3rd year students to use Nuendo after they have been using PT for the first two years and this “feature” is embarrassing to SB and to me also as I’ve been telling them how great Nuendo is…

Great suggestions here on this topic on how Reverence should function. Please SB read them and fix this damn thing.

Bye /Tumppi

One thing about this one:
First; recall isn’t obviously working.
Second: when you make adjustments to an existing preset/program it won’t load properly afterwards. Impulse gets loaded but settings are messed.
Workaround:When you find right settings you (at least I have to) store it as preset. Then it loads ok after manually writing “recall”. But this results to a huge number of presets after few projects so it is not the ideal solution.
Bye / Tumppi

Oh ja, still not fixed in new version!

But anyway I gave up working with REVerence, just because of this issue. Bringing a convolution reverb to a post production DAW which cannot be automated and punched is a movement I can not understand. I do not just want to have features which are created for cubase music tool, I want them improved and specialized when they got into Nuendo! That’s one of the reasons why I stick to the more expensive tool!
Unfortunately there is still no altiverb 7 for windows users, so no good times for convolution at the moment…

I also teach students for using Nuendo, which are educated in Pro Tools. In former times I could say: “Look: this is clip gain! Look: you can use any interface you want to! Look: Timecode, OMF, AAF!” The advantages of Nuendo are getting smaller with every cycle. And how e.g. could this really amazing passes&brunches-automation-thing be of any interest, when I still can not copy and paste (via command) simple automation-data from one scene to the other…

Spot on…

bye / Tumppi

Still no movements here. And no altiverb for windows any more…

Any suggestions here for a good reverb-plugin which really is suitable for post-production?

This sucks. As many other things… Broken AAF, tempotrack etc…

Oh boy. Really have to start thinking about changing back to PT which I’d hate to do as I like editing, automation and surround sound so much more in Nuendo than PT. And integration with System 5-MC is still deeper with Nuendo than PT put PT is catching fast!

If N6 don’t come clean I’m out…

Bye / Tumppi