[BUG] REVerence - Automation to loop

I would like to use REVerence for postpro-mixing, and mostly want to automate a new reverb-program to a particular scene in one pass. I´m used to do automation like this via preview - punch - to loop.

When using REVerence this is not working, because the “recall program”-command isn´t written correctly to the beginning of the loop. So the new program is just selected but not activated after automation pass.
Automating the Altiverb this way works fine!

Anybody who can repro this? Or any advises how to write a REVerence-automation to a whole scene?
Cheers, Domilik

I can repro this, I’ve run into it for sure.

It would be nice if this was fixed

in the meantime, when automating the verbs…

click preview once, not locked… punch to loop as normal.

as soon as you hit stop, it will leave preview mode… press play and just hit recall then

leave the recall automation lane open all the time, manually locate to the punch point, nudge cursor 1frame forward, copy recall automation to cursor.

because of this issue, I’ve gotten in the habit of looping scenes with 5 frame pads on either side.

it’s annoying, but you get used to it

key commands for “selection to cursor” and event nudging come in handy here.

can be done pretty fast… but I agree 100%, it should not be this way.

Hey,
thanks a lot for your reply and repro!

The way you´re working with this issue is the same workaround I use.
I use macros for the most of my automation-functions (like creating loop+setting previewmode+cycle+write enable… etc), but I didn´t find a satisfying way to program a macro for this issue, and it´s really annoying to scroll down the project-window to reverb-tracks and do manual editing of automation after every reverb-pass.

For me this is definitely a BUG, because you see the recall-automation written in the recall automation lane, but it´s just not a working one. All the other reverbs I use (also the steinberg ones) don´t have problems getting punched to a loop.

So I really wish, that this is beeing fixed soon!

I got an idea while revisiting this…

When I get the picture lock, I’ll usually put cycle markers around all the scenes.

during this prep time, it’d be very easy to manually enter the recall automation, then copy and paste it to the head of each marker, with repeditive key strokes it would probably go pretty fast. Then when you’re done, nudge them all a few frames back so they trigger just before the scene markers.

Now when you’re mixing you can go ahead and play with the verb in preview mode as if it actually worked correctly, your recall is already there for you. ( so long as your loops have a pad in the head and tail )

I’m going to play with this and see how it goes.

Are you guys sure this isn’t working?

I can load, automate and recall impulses from the program slots, and I can preview/punch complete presets in loop, to end, etc …

What isn’t working is that the GUI indicates which preset/impulse is playing.

Or did I misunderstand the question?

Fredo

Thanks for chiming in Fredo,

This issue is, we can’t use preview mode to set our verb settings for a given scene, and then just punch in and move on… there is a manual step of adding the “recall” automation to the beginning of the loop to trigger the new IR we’ve selected in the preset box. With out this step, even though the new preset box is selected, it will not load.

In my opinion, I believe that this is because the recall button is an on off switch, and preview mode is only remembering the last state of the switch… so, it’s always off.

All the other settings seem to work fine.

What we’re looking for is - while we’re looping the scene in preview mode, and we land on something we like. We Punch to loop and move on, the software will add the recall switch to the beginning of the loop for us.

FYI, i’ve noticed that if the preset box and the recall switch are triggered at the same exact time, it doesn’t always switch. So if this is addressed, a 1 frame delay or something like that might be a good idea

Interested in your thoughts or work arounds

There are various reasons why this gets pretty complicated and more annoying

moving on

Hi Fredo - as KDS wrote - the IR-program-change is written correctly when punching to loop, but the recall is missing. When recall is done manually after writing pass, the GUI is also switching as it should.

My request would be to kick out this recall-function. Why not having an automatic recall when selecting the program-bank like in Altiverb or in any other VST-plugin? I don´t get the point why we need two steps for activating one preset?

Thanks Kid Dropper for your workaround-ideas, I´ll think about some more…

Domilik

Another little snag to be aware of…

After you’ve manually set your Recall switch automation, you must turn off WRITE enable for that lane. Other wise, preview and punch will remove the Recall when it prints it’s new broken one… depending on how you’re using it.

My request would be to kick out this recall-function. Why not having an automatic recall when selecting the program-bank like in Altiverb or in any other VST-plugin?

That is exactly what we need.
KICK RECALL OUT !

Bernhard

I just want to keep this on the front page, seems like an easy fix.

Automation of REVerence to a filmscene is still not working in 5.5.

Please kick out this recall, since this is the bad guy.

Why has this onoff switch for recalling presets beeing added, when it cannot be punched to a loop range? I think in all the other steinberg plugins you also do not need to recall a preset. It’s just enough to select it.

+1

Absolutely. Annoying.
Fix this. Sooner the better (as always in life except while making looove…)

Bye / Tumppi

Bumb

+1 !

Please make REVerence working in a postpro mixing session!!

Because of this damn recall-button, which always has to be edited manually(!) in the xth automation lane (automation still does not work in 5.5.1), skipping between scenes in a project is just not possible!
Since the actual preset is only recalled, when passing the recall-automation-nodes, switching directly into another scene is not possible - the new preset isn’t loaded!
This makes working with REVerence in a postpro session absolutly worthless!

Please give us an update of this plugin which will be suitable for the media post production flagship!
Have a look at altiverb…

Have we had a official response to this yet? Is this confirmed and scheduled for a fix?

Come on!

Bye / Tumppi

Since the actual preset is only recalled, when passing the recall-automation-nodes, switching directly into another scene is not possible - the new preset isn’t loaded!

That´s EXACTLY the problem I have.
Does anyone know a workaround?