(bug?) Right Zone > Media Rack - Loops & Samples missing content icons

…as Icons in the right zone media rack (loops and samples) ?

Yes. After renaming the preferences it is solved. Ofcourse, all the icons are back.
It took me 3 weeks to find this solution…

1 Like

doesn’t work for me on win10 :frowning:

Dr Strangelove,

Have you followed this path in Windows?
Start-Steinberg Cubase11-User Settings Data Folder than rename (for safety) or delete the folder “preferences”
Cubase create a newone.
If this doesn’t work;
Question: are the VST sounds visible in the Library Manager?

hi Jaco

yes - i’ve done exactly that. The Vstsounds are visible in the library manager - and you can browse them in the file browser and the media bay. It’s just the icons that are missing in the rightzone/media tab

Dr Strangelove,

Hm… thats weird. Normaly it works every time.
Are the VST sounds installed in the “standard” folders?
If not, have you added the right path to the VST sounds in Media Bay and refresh the database?
Other than this, I have no idea what can solve this problem.
I hope that Steinberg will update Cubase 11 asap. There are to many bugs like this.

I’m not sure there is a ‘standard folder’ - most of them are there - it’s just a random few that are missing…and these are in the same folders as ones that are present.

They were there a while ago - and haven’t moved and show fine in the library manager.

Had same issue and deleting mediabay.db seemed to do the trick.

hi @medwaystudios

I think it’s mediabay3.db …from memory - I outlined the solution here but never updated this post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah yes didn’t notice the 3 but figured others would work it out :slight_smile: thanks for the clarification though.

1 Like

To fix this, do the following:

Windows

• Close all programs.
  • Open the “Run” command prompt by pressing the Windows logo key + R simultaneously.
  • In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter one of the following path shortcuts::

user specific installation (standard): %appdata%
installation “for all users”: %programdata%

Simply use %appdata% if you are in doubt.

• A new Windows Explorer Window opens.
  • Locate the folder ‘Steinberg’ and open the folder ‘Cubase 12_64’.
    If you can’t find the folder or files, please try again using the other path shortcut.
  • Delete these files (to keep a backup, simply copy them to the Desktop before):

ContentManager.xml
mediabay3.db
scannedFolders3.bin

Next time you start Cubase, the deleted files will be rebuilt.

macOS/Mac OS X

• Close all programs.
  • In Finder, open the Go to Folder dialog by pressing cmd + Shift + G or via the Go menu.
  • Enter this path shortcut: ~/Library/Preferences
    (Copy and paste recommended.)
  • A new Finder window opens (Preferences).
  • Open the contained folder ‘Cubase 12_64’.
  • Delete the following files (to keep a backup, simply copy them to the Desktop before):

ContentManager.xml
mediabay3.db
scannedFolders3.bin

Next time you start Cubase, the deleted files will be rebuilt.