Bug track Mute with midi and audio direct input .

Hi
1 : create one audio or midi track .
2 : for midi track select all midi input and for audio select channel 1 for example.
3 : press mute button of audio or midi track .
4 : press monitor button of audio track .
5 : enable record arm buttons .
6 : press record button of transport.
7 : pley with internal or external keyboard or send audio to audio track .
Result : I don’t hear sound and doesn’t record audio or midi note .
When track Mute button is enabled , mutes direct midi in and audio in , that are receiving of external devices or internal keyboards ,
but it’s not true, because track mute button , must mute track events that are playback. All daws behavior with this form .
If we need to don’t hear sounds, or don’t record note or audio ,we can disable monitor audio button and disable record ( arm ) button of midi or audio tracks .

This problem causes : For example i want record midi or audio events with loop mode, and I don’t want hear last recorded event each time that creates new event and just need hear sounds that i am playing them .

I think there was no this problem before with old cubasis versions .

Ipad air 2
Cubasis 2,6
Ios 11,2,5

Best
Pejman

Hi
Is there anyone here.
I have problem with this bug , please help me .

Hi Pejman,

Sorry for delay answer.

This problem causes : For example i want record midi or audio events with loop mode, and I don’t want hear last recorded event each time that >creates new event and just need hear sounds that i am playing them .

You’re right, if monitoring is on you shouldn’t listen the files on the track in recording + playback mode.

This behavior is also the same in old Cubasis versions.

This important issue is on our list as CBT-45

best jan

Hi
But I didn’t talk about monitoring . I think you’ve misunderstood what I mean . Because midi tracks doesn’t have monitor.
I mean mute button. When Mute is enabled , cubasis mutes direct midi in and audio in , that are sent of external devices or internal keyboards to audio or midi tracks .
mute button , must mute track events that are playback, not direct audio or midi data .

Hi Pejman,

Your Uscase is : Midi input to hear and or record when the midi track is muted.
Reason : The midi track is muted so you don’t hear the midi events on the track during playback or recording.

Yes in Cubasis there is no midi monitoring button. But to get a midi input on a muted midi track, we need a midi monitoring function.

In Cubase it’s the same, you only get midi input when the track is muted by activating monitoring.

Attention to all Cubase users in this case:
For this it is necessary to disable the default Preferences/Record/Midi “Record Enabled Allows Midi Thru” in Cubase.
If this function is enabled, it is by default, Cubase will always provide midi input even if monitoring is switched off and the midi track is muted.

So, “Midi Monitoring” is as feature request on our list to hear midi Input, when the midi track is muted.

So long there is a workaraound :

• Duplicate midi track A with events 1,2,3 + 4 and mute the track
  • Delete on midi track A or duplicated track B the events 1,2,3 + 4
  • Activate record enabled on midi track A or duplicated track B and start recording

best greetings
Jan

You have written that “ So, “Midi Monitoring” is as feature request on our list to hear midi Input, when the midi track is muted.”
It’s very good , but at the moment that audio track has monitor, when we enable monitor and mute track , we don’t hear audio input . !!!

And about your workaround: But this workaround doesn’t solve this problem.

Maybe I’d better explain it more clearly what i need : i have one track rhythm guitar that I recorded it before , and i want record midi or audio in track 2 improvising with loop/cycle record mode,each time that hear rhythm guitar in cycling mode . and I don’t want hear last recorded event in track 2 each time that cubasis creates new event in cycling record mode and just need hear sounds that i am playing them . This can be repeated 50 times or 100 or more . and at the end select one event that is better .
In cubase pc version, cubase has stacked mode for cycling record mode that mutes last events automatically and we hear just things we are playing, but in cubasis there is no any option for this case, .
So As request, we could have one option in cubasis setup with this title : ignore mute for direct audio or midi input ,With a button that can be enabled or disabled it .
Or having one option for muting last event automatically, like stacked record mode in cubase .
Can we have this option in future update ?

Thanks of cubasis team.

Hi Pejman,

Audio stack recording when the audio track is muted is also not possible at the moment.
This feature is also on our list for the future.

best
Jan