Bug when trying to set a custom offset of a breath mark

I’m currently having a bug when trying to set a custom offset of a breath mark.

When I’m moving it to the left, it is also going up, and it’s never possible to move it down… even if I disable the “Start offset” option in the inspection panel. The only when to reset the vertical position, is to delete the breath mark and create a new one.

Dec-13-2021 17-12-38

On this GIF animation above, you can also see that the Y is still set to 0, even if the breath mark is moving vertically.

There have been cases reported where items moved vertically uncontrollably, which is definitely a bug. Several of these problems have already been fixed in past updates, but apparently this one went under the radar until now. Fortunately, assuming this is the same issue as the older ones, it’s just a glitch in the dynamic page display, and the offset is not stored in the project. I guess the problem is gone when you close and reopen the project (but adjusting the breath mark again will probably also invoke the bug again).

Yes, when I close and reopen the project, the breath mark is correctly positioned. Thank you.

For the triage, should I mark your comment as “Solution” (even if this issue may not be fixed yet)?

1 Like

Indeed, this is a known bug and happens with a few objects. Restarting always takes care of this.

If you can cut down your project to the smallest number of bars and instruments that still reproduces the problem, please attach it here so we can take a look. Thanks!

Here is: breath mark.dorico (1.1 MB)

I’m using Dorico Pro 3.5.12.1066, on macOS 12.1.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused by this problem. The good news (at least I think it’s good news!) is that this problem will not occur in Dorico 4, when it arrives early next year.

4 Likes