Bugs 10.0.10

Now the same problem is back with WL 10.0.10. If I am in WL 10.0.10 and playing back a file all is good. If I then open up my browser “Firefox” and play something on YouTube then when I go back to WL it will not output any audio. I have to reboot my computer to get my audio back. No problems with WL 9.5.5

Besides the obvious is there some fundamental change in the program superstructure that is causing it to misbehave? Is this similar to what happened when WL went from WL 6 to WL 7. I remember that was a nightmare. TO STEINBERG - Please get this fixed and soon. Thanks!

Are you using the same asio driver in WaveLab 9.5 ?
No reason for a difference, if you don’t activate the option to release the driver when WaveLab is not in the background.

Yes I am using the same driver. I have the option checked to release the driver when WL is in the background.

Other suggestions???

I have the option checked to release the driver when WL

Unless you really need this, uncheck it and your problem is solved.

I found the problem with the slow opening. It was indeed HAlion which I never installed on my computer. Removing that and WL 10.0.10 opens normally and seems to run with no problems (loud sound of Tom knocking on wood) What is HAlion and how did it get installed??? It is a Steinberg product so did WL install it? or did some other Steinberg program install it? I don’t use Cubase.

I wasted a lot of time and energy being a pseudo BETA tester. This is really not what I wanted to be doing. This whole release process for WL 10 has been flawed from the beginning.

FWIW

WaveLab does not install HAlion. But if HAlion is found while scanning certain folders, the problem can happen, though not always. Anyway, this should not happen in next patch.

Not a big issue, obviously, but there is an option to hold the cursor steady and have the waveform graphics flow past during playback. I note this does not work when the spectral analyzer is selected, only the waveform view. For spectral, the cursor moves across the screen.

My issue with the program failing when clicking on cd text is fixed. I downloaded the fix and then tested and it still failed, and I was about to post that. Then I had the brilliant idea of INSTALLING the fix, which resolved the issue. :wink:

Not a big issue, obviously, but there is an option to hold the cursor steady and have the waveform graphics flow past during playback. I note this does not work when the spectral analyzer is selected, only the waveform view. For spectral, the cursor moves across the screen.

The reason is, spectrum display is CPU expensive. The Live Spectrogram tool window is a specialized version, if you want scrolling with playback.

Philippe

OK, set me on the right path here? I have Halion on my PC and WL10 opens in 5 seconds. And WL shows Halion in the ‘blocked’ category of plugins? Isn’t this what it should do? Are you saying, PG, that somehow it needs to be removed from this plugin list even though it is not being used by WL?

The folder:’ C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components' in my PC shows Halion. Are you suggesting I should remove it somehow from this Common folder if I want better performance from WL? Is it every DAW or just a random thing?

Thomas, Halion comes from Cubase, not WL. If you don’t use Cubase it must be there from a Cubase install at one time.

For the record, WL10.0.10 is working very well here, freshly installed on a brand new non-partitioned 500G M.2 SSD.

Are you saying, PG, that somehow it needs to be removed from this plugin list even though it is not being used by WL?

No, don’t touch that.

The folder:’ C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components' in my PC shows Halion. Are you suggesting I should remove it somehow from this Common folder if I want better performance from WL?

No (unless you don’t need it).
In your case, the open time is normal, hence no worry.

The delay problem is only on certain machines with HAlion. In next version, this will never happen.

Thanks for this info, PG!

WL 10.0.10 does not ‘connect’ with Merging’s ASIO-Bridge. This works perfectly with WL 9.5.50. I’m using WL for clip-based FX and then sending the signal to Pyramix via ASIO-Bridge.

In WL 10.0.10, hitting the ‘Refresh’ button causes a pop-up window to briefly flash several times in succession and it appears to be trying to negotiate a common sampling rate between WL and the ASIO-Bridge. When I check the ASIO-Bridge info in Pyramix it is stuck on 48K, even though both WL and Pyramix are running at 88K2.

Help! Please…The combination of WL and Pyramix is my central tool-set!

Cheers and Thanks,

Graemme

Did you try to set a longer time there? try 5 seconds, for example.
2019-12-13_08-56-37.png

Hi, another bug !
During recording it is impossible to put a marker on the recording file, the buttons stay greyed and so are NOT available. So I closed it and open wavelab 9.5 and recorded, no problem, the button, greyed before recording are available as soon as the recording takes place, so I will reverse to 9.5 for the time being.
Now regarding the recording input setting on WaveLab 10.10, the only possibility is from the audio connection setting, which is quite logical and less messy, whereas on 9.5 you had another possibilities on the recording panel as well…

The problem is still there. Never had this problem with WL 9.5.5 Suggestions???

If I go out of WL for any reason and return the audio is turned off. Happened three times yesterday.

I really want to start using WL10.0.10 but it still seems buggy. Maybe the next update???

If I go out of WL for any reason and return the audio is turned off. Happened three times yesterday.

Please verify. This should be so:

There should be like in WaveLab 9.5 if you use the same driver (which one, by the way?).
There is currently no known issue with this feature.

During recording it is impossible to put a marker on the recording file, the buttons stay greyed and so are NOT available

Do you mean this?

No problem here, as you can see. Show a screenshot maybe.

The ASIO driver for my RME 9632 sound card.

The ASIO driver for my RME 9632 sound card.

Maybe there is a multi-client mode for this driver, in which case you should disable it.

Thanks for the suggestion but it had no effect. I tried several different times, up to 10 seconds. Have re-installed WL 10.0.10 a few times, Now also having difficulty even using ‘standard’ RME ASIO driver.

As mentioned, WL 9.5.50 works perfectly fine with ASIO-Bridge (and RME…)