Bugs 10.0.10

Like rsm, stability for me trumps everything and … whilst I did download and give the initial release of 10 a spin … it was never my intention to run this without due diligence. Just as I would never dream of running a new version of PT until the dust settles.

By way of balance: Like others here, it turned out that there were a couple of show stoppers for me in the initial release (specifically the over writing files bug and some other issues). These were advised as bugs as requested by PG and were all fixed in the first update.

After the update, I tried a session in 10 and it all worked well for me. I’m almost always ITB now and 10 played well with all my mission critical plugins and even renders them faster I think.

But most importantly, it seems to be super solid … every bit as stable as 9.5. I’ve made the transition from 9.5 to 10.

Of course I acknowledge that this is certainly not everyone’s experience. But it does perhaps underscore the observation that it would be quite the challenge to anticipate and identify bugs or issues that arise from all the very different ways that we work and the different configurations and operating systems that we run.

Thanks for all your contributions. But I will close this “all in one topic” thread. Please create a new topic for each new bug you might encounter. This is easier to follow for everyone.