Bugs WaveLab Pro 10.0.10 / 10.0.20

Phillipe,
thank you very much for your comments.

Have you also analyzed rendering problem which I mentioned before?

when I’m Rendering > Multiple Outputs > All Clip Groups > it mixes all the different groups together (groups are in separate tracks above each other). That was not happening in version 9.5.

Looking forward new version!

when I’m Rendering > Multiple Outputs > All Clip Groups > it mixes all the different groups together (groups are in separate tracks above each other).

I can’t reproduce a problem. What do you exactly mean?

Philippe

For example: I have Track 1 and Track 2. In Track 1 I have all clips in Group A. In Track 2 I have all clips in Group B.
when I’m Rendering > Multiple Outputs > All Clip Groups > it mixes both groups together, but exports them into two separate files (groupA and groupB)

In version 9.5 there was no any mixdown in this kind of export.

Clip Groups

I could finally reproduce and fix for 10.0.30

Philippe

I also realized that version 10.0.20 crashes quite often when I’m saving and leaving my montage or quitting the Wavelab at all with Montage saving.

The attached image doesn’t really tell PG anything, but if you look in this location, you should find some crash reports that would be more useful:

/Users/username/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/WaveLab Pro 10.0_2020-02-22-190554_Mysterys-iMac-Pro.crash

You are right.

Here can Phillipe download some of my crash reports > HDT - analog and digital audio postproduction | cassette tape duplication

WL 10.0.20 crashed four times in the past two days. The application is open it just will not play. No warning and I was just listening to some tracks with no plugins. Also WL 10.0.20 changes sizes on the screen for no apparent reason. It will shrink about 2% and then come back to full size. WL 10.0.20 stopped recording in about 2 minutes into a recording I was doing of a tape with no warning. I was recording at 44.1 and 24 bits and I was locked to my external Benchmark ADC and it was stable. WL 9.5.5 exhibits none of these problems. I guess there are still some gremlins that need addressing. FWIW

• What recording method? (there are now 3 in WaveLab).
  • Do you have one of the option activated “Release driver when in background”?

WL 10.0.20 changes sizes on the screen for no apparent reason

Hmm, WaveLab will never do that without an “external” event.
Was WaveLab “full screen” or just maximized?

Also, if you get crashes, please active the Crash Report of WaveLab:
While pressing the Alternate key (press first and maintain), select “Global preferences” from the WaveLab menu with the mouse. In that case, there is a new tab called “Diagnostics”. There you can activate several functions. Activate the option “Enable crash report”. Quit and relaunch WaveLab.
If a crash happens, one crash dump is generated.

Philippe

I will do as asked in regards to the “crash reports”. WL was maximized not full screen. I was unaware of the fact that there are now three ways to record. I was using, as I always do, the record window. I did have the “Release driver when in background”? activated. Thanks for the reply and information as always…

The fact that the window changed spontaneously, seems to imply that WaveLab was not the activate application for a short moment, and that could have explained why the driver was released, and that would explained why the record failed. The application activation change, I can’t help it, but I will see if I can reduce its consequences.

So many newer programs for MS Windows have “popup windows” to advertise a new service or product or notify me of some problem. I am wondering if that is what caused WL to react the way it did? I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the information.

Equilibrium is definitely crashing the montage, but a lot more on 10.0.20 it seems.

Is there a way to go back to 10.0.10 on macos mojave ?

I don’t have a problem with the DMG Equilibrium on Mac. Do you have a crash dump?

yes, how can i send it ?

HiAll
Brand new WIN 10 Pro install version 1909
WL 10.0.20 installed fresh- no upgrade

WL 10.0.20 crashing with TDR VST3 plugins
All fine and good on 9.5, and 10.0.10 on other computer (win 7)

Crash log is not being made when WL crashes

anyone else confirm this?

Also noted that Montages made in 10.0.10 are not fully being opened in 10.0.20- some plugin settings not being recalled -i.e TDR. -how i found this problem.

Have latest plugs, trashed the cache and prefs, re installed 10.0.20 etc

Anyone?

P.S

TDR plugs Nova GE and Kotelnikov GE vst 2 sit well and play perfectly in 10.0.10, but do not on 10.0.20 in the Montage. In the master section in 10.0.20 they seem to work ok together

PPS. Missing the function “shift plugins up” or down ( like in Master section) , in the Montage

updated to 10,0,3 yesterday, and this is still broken- do i make a new thread?

Frustrated!